This blog is my Perspective and Outlook (invited) to appear with the I nternet of Anything (IoA) theme issue of IEEE CS IT Professional May-June issue, guest edited by Irena Bojanova, Jeff Voas, George Hurlburt. Video to go along with this article (same con...
As I write this, I’m looking back at my prediction from the previous year (a subset appeared in semanticweb.com’s year end review) and feel fairly satisfied with the prognosis and prospect I offered then. But let me start this year’s retake with a couple of...
#PersonalizedDigitalHealth #quantifiedself #bigdata #bighealthdata : http://www.wsj.com/articles/remote-patient-monitoring-comes-to-health-care-1424145642
This three part interview published by KDnuggets on Jan 15/16, 2015 allowed me to share thoughts on some of Kno.e.sis' current research areas, their impact and their connections to the broader technology landscape . Interview: Amit Sheth, Kno.e.sis...
- BITS, Pilani, IndiaElectrical & Electronics Engg., 1976 - 1981
- Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, USAComputer & Information Science, 1981 - 1985
- Kno.e.sis CenterExecutive Director, 2007 - presentKno.e.sis was founded by Prof. Sheth as the Wright State University Center of Excellence in Kno.e.sis-enabled Computing in 2007. The Ohio governor declared it as a Center of Excellence in BioHealth Innovation following a competition by Ohio Board of Regents. It conducts extensive multidisciplinary research spanning Computer Science, Healthcare and Life Sciences, Cognitive Sciences and Systems, Material Sciences and other fields.
- Biomedical Sciences PhD program, Wright State UniversityProfessor, 2008 - present
- Wright State UniversityLexisNexis Ohio Eminent Scholar, 2007 - present
- University of GeorgiaProfessor, 1994 - 2006Also, Founder/Director, Large Scale Distributed Information Systems (LSDIS) lab; Member, Institute of Bioinformatics; Member, Biomedical & Health Sciences Institute; Member/Professor, Faculty of Engineering.
- Taalee, Voquette, SemagixCOB/CEO, Sr. VP/Chief Scientist, 1999 - 2006
- Honeywell, Unisys, Bellcore/Telcordia TechnologyMember of Technical Staff, 1985 - 1994
2014 Year In Review: Thanks For The Good Times, Part 2 - Semanticweb.com
Today we continue our look back at the best of times for The Semantic Web and related fields in 2014 (see here for our first story in this s
Smart Data - How you and I will exploit Big Data for personalized dig…
Amit Sheth's keynote at IEEE BigData 2014, Oct 29, 2014. Abstract at: http://cci.drexel.edu/bigdata/bigdata2014/keynotespeech.htm
Challenge Disease And Public Health Emergencies With Big Data Analytics
Driving Big Insight through Data Management and Governance
Digital volunteers use social media, come together during Jammu floods
Social media not only has the power to connect individuals from across borders but also has the ability to provide assistance to people when
Virtuoso, The Prometheus of RDF -- Sematics 2014 Conference Keynote
Virtuoso, The Prometheus of RDF presented by Orri Erling (Virtuoso Program Manager)
How wearable cameras can help those with Alzheimer's
The wearable camera is being touted as the latest must-have accessory for social-media obsessives, but is a real boon for helping people wit
General Elections 2014: Enough of selective secularism
India has been home to varied faiths, caste and communities since time immemorial.
Indian Democracy Runs on Briefcase-Sized Voting Machines
They're portable, economical, and helping more than 800 million Indians cast ballots in this year's election.
140 Characters Of F*ck, Sh!t, And @ss: How We Swear On Twitter
Researchers plumbed the depths of Twitter's foul-mouthed users to find out which which dirty-ass words people fucking tweet the most.
Stanford Researchers: It Is Trivially Easy to Match Metadata to Real People
True, the telephony metadata that the NSA collects does not include customer names, but it's really no trouble to figure them out.
IBM Smarter PlanetVoice: Teaching IBM's Watson How To Think Like A Human
Enabling Watson to understand human language with all its context and cause-and-effect relationships -- the way we humans do -- is a great c
IBM Research Unveils Two New Watson Related Projects from Cleveland Clin...
IBM Research (NYSE: IBM) today unveiled two new Watson-related cognitive technologies that are expected to help physicians make more informe
WATCH: Is This The Strategy That Could Turn Around America's Schools?
Is the answer to engaging and empowering global youth simpler than we think? Last month at the Ideas Festival in Aspen, Design For Change fo
Are we missing out on tech-aided disaster management in Uttarakhand?
A look at why it is proving difficult to lend that extra 'tech' edge to the relief and rebuilding effort in Uttarakhand.