Start a hangout
Amber D. Marcu
196 followers|240,591 views
Amber D. Marcu
Works at Lincoln College, Illinois
Attended Virginia Tech
Lives in Peoria, IL
196 followers|240,591 views
Helping Healthcare & Higher Education
- Lincoln College, IllinoisDirector of Faculty Development, 2013 - presentAs the Director of Faculty Development within the Center of Adult Learning, I expand the services provided to faculty who teach in the Accelerated Bridge to Education (ABE) by strengthening teaching and their students’ learning through the development of active learning workshops, seminars, and professional development opportunities. I also occasionally teach: - Management Information Systems - Business Applications - Web Page Development - Technical and/or Professional Writing.
- Methodist College of NursingAdjunct Faculty, 2011 - presentI teach an introductory healthcare informatics course to "traditional" and "non-traditional" undergraduates.
- rSmartAcademic Technology Consultant, 2012 - 2013Working directly with clients to ensure the smooth implementation and the long-term success of open-source solutions. Performing consultative and business analyst functions. Working with colleagues, project managers, programming and technical staff and the open source community, to execute a series of onsite and remote engagements that result in the successful deployment of open-source solutions as an enterprise system. Providing consultation and configuration recommendations prior to and during implementations. Preparing and conducting hands-on systems training for each client’s implementation team. Providing ongoing consultation regarding system administration, policy, and procedural matters. Providing expert advice regarding add-on service opportunities. Providing support to the sales team in the way of demos and answering RFPs.
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State UniversityOnline Learning & Collaboration Services Manager; Training and Documentation, 2008 - 2010Addressed the needs of 6000+ faculty, staff, and graduate assistants at a Research One institution. During my time, I supervised 3 staff members and increased participant attendance by more than 60%.
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State UniversityWorkshop Instructor, 2007 - 2010Taught more than 650 technology and pedagogy workshops to over 6,000 faculty, staff, and graduate teaching assistants at a Research One institution. I developed more than 15 blended-learning courses in Blackboard and Scholar (Sakai) and was responsible for facilitating eight 3-day FDI Track C: Using the Web (Blackboard/Sakai) for Instruction. Workshops conducted include: Scholar (Sakai) / Blackboard; Technology Planning and Evaluation; GTA Seminar; Blended Instruction; Teaching with Technology; Emerging Web 2.0 Technologies; Collaborative (Web 2.0) Technologies; Creating a Community of Practice; Building a Digital Community of Practice; Google and Yahoo! Tools; Blogs in Higher Education; Second Life Orientation & Pedagogy; Collective Intelligence; Universal Design and Accessibility; Web Standards; Effective Web Design; Advanced Web Design Topics; Dreamweaver 8; Train-the-Trainer; and consultations on custom projects.
- Migrant Clinicians NetworkDistance and Online Education Consultant, 2004 - 2006Implemented Chickering and Gamson’s “Seven Principles for Good Practice in Education” within online learning modules for on-going health practices education and assessed, designed, developed, and implemented online training for the MCN Health Network online learning modules accessible world-wide.
Blacksburg, VA - Burghausen, Germany - Chico, CA
- Google Scholar Citations (current)
A woman made of grit, gear, and guts.
Ph.D., M.S., B.A., 2 Certificates; 1st in Age Group in 2012 Paul Bunyan Olympic Triathlon; 3rd in Age Group in 2011 Greater Peoria Half-Marathon; I've been told I'm a "ray of sunshine!" (LOL!)
- Virginia TechPh.D. in Curriculum and Instruction (Instructional Design and Technology), 2006 - 2013Dissertation Topic: “Relationship of Self-Efficacy to the Stages of Concern in the Adoption of an Innovation in Higher Education.” Three-year post-graduate degree from an accredited research university. Advisor: Dr. Katherine Cennamo.
- California State University, ChicoM.S. in Instructional Technology, 2003 - 2009Project: “Design and Evaluation of An Interactive Instructional Support Tool for Teaching the Mager/Pipe Performance Analysis Model.” Two-year post-baccalaureate degree from an accredited university. Advisor: Dr. Thomas Welsh.
- California State University, ChicoB.A. in English, 1996 - 2003Areas of Concentration: Middle English, German, & British Literature. Four-year baccalaureate degree from an accredited university. Advisor: Mary Ann Latimer.
- California State University, ChicoCertificate in Technical Writing, 1996 - 2002Area of Concentration: Computer Science Two-year certificate degree from an accredited university. Advisor: Mary Ann Latimer.
- Butte College1994 - 1997Summer classes and Intersession in-between attending CSU, Chico.
- Pleasant Valley High SchoolAdvanced Placement / International Bacclaureate, 1995
Amber Diane Gustafson, Amber D. Evans, Amber D. Evans-Marcu