The disparity between the 1% and the 99% has resulted in tremendous humanitarian inequities. It is the goal of this project to work on finding a solution that will bring balance to our planet that will sustain a reasonable life, health, provide basic needs, peace, education, sufficient resources, etc.
With over three decades as a graphic designer and three years as a social media marketing consultant, I have combined these two areas of expertise to provide custom designed graphics for social media platforms including facebook 'timelines for business' page covers, Google + banners for personal profiles and business pages, Wordpress web/blog banners and more.
My mission is to help solve the economic and social crises for:
• individuals through education about eating healthier and less expensively. The result will be twofold in that money will be saved by accessing healthy food inexpensively and reducing medical care costs by staying healthy.
• communities by working together to bring balanced, equitable social and human services
- A.M. NewsVolunteer Correspondent, 2015 - presentAs the healthy living call in correspondent, I share tips, suggestions and recipes on how to live healthier, eat better and save money on food.
- ART & BYTESRetired and Blogging, 2013 - presentResearching and writing about CREATIVITY | TECHNOLOGY | SOCIAL ISSUES. Archiving decades of enterprises in these areas.
- Marketing BytesSocial Media Marketing Graphic Designer, Consultant & Journalist, 2008 - 2012
- Alison*s Art, Inc.Creative Businesses Entrepreneur, 1983 - 2008
- Media MavenPerformer, interviewer, voice actor, Internet TV host, 2007 - 2012
- Merrill Lynch Pierce Fenner & SmithTechnical Artist, 1979 - 1982
- NY College of Traditional Chinese MedicineMedia Buyer and Marketing Consultant, 2006 - 2007
- Circulo de la HispanidadSpecial Programs Coordinator, 2004 - 2006
- West Side Highway ProjectGraphics Intern, 1975 - 1977
- Office of Downtown Brooklyn DevelopmentGraphics Intern, 1972 - 1973
- Branding Partners, LLCJr. Acct Executive, 1982 - 1983
- Self-employed artistFreelance Graphic Designer & Promotion, 1983 - 1992
- Alison*s EAT-FREEhealth food chef & instructor, 1987 - 1991
- Decorative Painting by Alison GilbertDecorative Painter, 1993 - 1996
- Alisons* HealthCare Resources, Inc.representative, educator & advocate, 1991 - 1993
Peter Schjeldahl: A Jeff Koons Retrospective, at the Whitney
The Jeff Koons retrospective at the Whitney Museum calls to account the most original, controversial, and expensive American artist of the p
A look at the battle for McCarthy’s seat - liherald.com
Electoral upsets happen every so often in Nassau County. There was Republican Dan Frisa beating his party’s incumbent, David Levy, in 1994.
WHITEBOARD: In Pursuit of the Services of Things. - billrattner.com
I am starting a new section for the blog called, WHITEBOARD. It dawned on me that there are frequently very interesting topics that show up
Ask Umbra: Should I trade my big home in for a tiny house?
A reader wonders if a new tiny home would be greener than her old house. Umbra squeezes in an answer.
Emmy award winner, Andrew Morreale creates documentary | | Garden City News
Filmmaker, Andrew Morreale. Garden City resident and filmmaker, Andrew Morreale has recently completed a documentary entitled “Beyond Broken
Barneys Is Using 17 Transgender Models for Its Spring Campaign | Pandagon
It's The Eye Of The Panda
"Unser Song für Dänemark" ESC 2014 - Pamela Falcon & Isaac...
Bewirb dich jetzt für die Wildcard zu Unser Song für Dänemark und sichere dir eine Chance, Deutschland beim ESC 2014 zu vertreten!
DEA Claims Repealing Prohibition Fosters Organized Crime
In its 2013 "National Drug Threat Assessment," released today, the Drug Enforcement Administration predicts that marijuana legalization will
Food banks: where is the 'suppressed' government report on UK food poverty?
A Defra-commissioned report into the growth of food aid has been delayed. Could it be that it links welfare reform with the explosion in foo
Habitat for Humanity, community reach out to help Adam Lavender | AspenT...
A betting man would bet on Adam Lavender. The bet would be that he someday reaches his goal of exchanging his wheelchair for a bicycle. Lave