- Columbia UniversityClinical Psychologist, 2013 - present
- NYU Langone Medical CenterPost-Doctoral Fellow, 2012 - 2013
- NYU - Bellevue HospitalPsychology Intern, 2011 - 2012
- The Columbia University Center for Anxiety and Related DisordersPsychology Extern, 2010 - 2011
- Behavior Therapy Center of Greater WashingtonPsychology Extern, 2009 - 2010
- Georgetown UniversityPsychology Extern, 2008 - 2009
- brainknowsbetter.com (current)
I studied psychology at UCLA and received my Ph.D. in clinical psychology from The Catholic University of America in Washington, D.C.. I was an intern at New York City's Bellevue Hospital Center and a post-doctoral fellow at the NYU Langone Medical Center Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. I'm currently a clinical psychologist at the Columbia University Clinic for Anxiety and Related Disorders.
Clinically, I treat anxiety, depression, and body-focused repetitive behaviors (trichotillomania/hair-pulling disorder and excoriation/skin-picking). Most recently I’ve focused my research on understanding how hair-pulling changes with age.
I am an award-winning teacher and regularly teach introductory psychology, cognitive-behavior therapy, and provide supervision in psychotherapy.
I currently serve on the American Psychological Association's Policy and Planning Board. I have previously served as the Chair of the American Psychological Association of Graduate Students, was a member of the American Psychological Association Board of Directors, served as consultant to the President of the New York State Psychological Association, and was appointed to two Society for the Teaching of Psychology Presidential Task Forces.
- The Catholic University of AmericaClinical Psychology, 2005 - 2012
- University of California, Los AngelesPsychology, 2005