- modelogiqCTO and Co-Founder, 2012 - presentI am co-founder, investor, and CTO of modelogiq, a financial modeling services startup which supplies modeling and collaboration tools for private equity analysts and investors. My role includes systems analysis, information and software architecture, software engineering, technology strategy, hiring and mentoring, and project management.
- Synergy SoftworksManaging Partner & Co-founder, 2008 - presentI am co-founder of Synergy Softworks, a partnership of engineers, scientists, and analysts. Our specialties are software engineering, information architecture, systems analysis, and data science. My role includes market research, capital raising, identity and representation, partner and client liaising, and contracting. Apart from involvement in internal projects and projects co-developed with select outside partners, I offer consulting services to clients and give talks to professional and academic audiences.
- SklavenitisPrincipal Software Architect, 2011 - 2012As an external contractor to my client, I led a team of developers responsible for creating a prototype for a large-scale electronic commerce platform for business to business, retail, marketplace, and logistics operations. My role included systems analysis, modeling and simulation, software architecture, software engineering, technology planning and estimation, liaising with external systems providers and integrators, hiring and mentoring, technology and know-how transfer to my client’s associates and employees, and advising senior and middle management on technology. Challenging aspects of this project were real-time operations (particularly inventory handling and product allocation), massive scalability (full supplier and purchaser integration), security (contractually binding product pricing), and bridging with multiple external systems (particularly banking, enterprise resource planning, till and point-of-sale systems, and logistics systems, including delivery and real-time time-slot allocation).
- Piece of CakeTechnical Director, 2009 - 2010As an external contractor to my client, I led a team of developers responsible for creating web services technologies and software for content delivery, portals, search engine optimization, e-commerce, and mobile content. My role included technology strategy and planning, product development, project management and estimation, hiring and mentoring, software architecture, software engineering, technology and know-how transfer to my client’s associates and employees, and the establishment of a company-wide collaboration workflow for future software projects. Challenging aspects of this project were deployment and versioning (particularly per-client incremental feature deployment), consistent framework design (particularly generic cache and optimization subsystems for use by plug-in modules), and third-party module development (especially application programming interface design and documentation).
- AETHER ConsortiumResearcher, 2005 - 2008Research in self-adaptive embedded technologies for pervasive computing architectures. European Commission (EC) integrated project through the Distributed Software Engineering Group, Department of Computing, Imperial College London, United Kingdom. My research focused on concurrency and message passing, scheduling and fairness, and programming language design and virtual machine implementations.
Kalamaria, Thessaloniki, Greece
London, Frankfurt, Athens and Thessaloniki
My roles have ranged from researcher to software engineer to technology entrepreneur, with over a decade of experience developing software. I have successfully led and mentored teams of developers, as well as transitioned companies from technology capability to end product. I am a strong technical writer and presenter, capable of communicating with both engineering and business audiences.
I design software which is reliable, fault tolerant, scalable, and easy to maintain. I help my clients avoid costly, inflexible, vendor-specific lock-in, as well as ensure they utilize open standards and established web services effectively and economically.
I provide value to organizations by bringing extensive practical experience coupled with a portfolio of successful projects, a worldwide personal network of professionals in a diverse set of software-related fields, and a thorough understanding of global developments in technology and corresponding markets.
- Imperial College LondonPh.D. in Software Engineering, 2004 - 2008SLURP group, Department of Computing, Imperial College London, United Kingdom; thesis in the field of programming language design, titled "On the Design of Chorded Languages" supervised by Prof. Susan Eisenbach and Prof. Sophia Drossopoulou and examined by Dr. Maribel Fernández and Dr. Sebastian Hunt. My research focused on modern concurrency abstractions for object-oriented programming languages (chords and the join calculus), and scheduler specifications and guarantees of liveness, fairness and runtime performance.
- Imperial College LondonM.Sc. in Advanced Computing, 2003 - 2004Department of Computing, Imperial College London, United Kingdom; thesis in the field of program security, titled "Atropos: A Dynamic Policy Enforcement Framework"; supervised by Dr. Naranker Dulay. My thesis focused on real-time byte-code transformation in virtual machines for the enforcement of policy-based security mechanisms.
- University of SussexB.Sc. in Computer Science, 2000 - 2003School of Cognitive and Computing Sciences, University of Sussex, United Kingdom; thesis in the field of computation, titled "The Turing Machine Workbench"; supervised by Dr. Bernhard Reus. My thesis focused on Turing machine encodings, simulation, visualisation, and programming.
- Anatolia College, Thessaloniki, GreeceInternational Baccalaureate, 1998 - 2000My thesis was in the field of mathematics, titled "A Digital Cryptographic Voting Protocol"; supervised by Dr. Angelos Kalaroutis, focused on distributed cryptographic voting protocols.
- Anatolia College, Thessaloniki, GreeceLyceum, 1997 - 1998
- Anatolia College, Thessaloniki, GreeceGymnasium, 1994 - 1997
- Makedonika Ekpedeftiria, Thessaloniki, GreeceSecondary School, 1990 - 1994
- St. Andrews Infants School, Colchester, United KingdomPrimary School