Stellarium 0.13.3 has been released!
Stellarium 0.13.3 is a stable version that introduces some new features and closes 33 bug and wishlist reports. A lot of work has been done on adding few new DSO catalogs: Barnard (B), Van den Bergh (VdB), Sharpless (Sh 2), H-α emission regions in the Southern Milky Way (RCW), Lynds' Catalogue of Bright Nebulae (LBN), Lynds' Catalogue of Dark Nebulae (LDN), Collinder (Cr) and Melotte (Mel). You can find two new plugins also and one of those plugins introduces the support the new very nice feature - 3D landscapes.
A huge thanks to the people who helped us a lot by reporting bugs!
We updated the configuration file and the Solar System file, so if you have an existing Stellarium installation, we strongly recommend to reset the settings after you install the new version (in the Installer).
Full list of changes:
- Added Scenery3D plugin: enable support 3D landscapes
- Added ArchaeoLines plugin: a tool for archaeo-/ethnoastronomical alignment studies
- Added new DSO catalogs: Barnard (B), Van den Bergh (VdB), Sharpless (Sh 2), H-α emission regions in the Southern Milky Way (RCW), Lynds' Catalogue of Bright Nebulae (LBN), Lynds' Catalogue of Dark Nebulae (LDN), Collinder (Cr) and Melotte (Mel)
- Added tiny visual improvements for info about comets and minor planets
- Added Hungarian translation for Aztec skyculture
- Added Russian translation for Western: H.A. Rey skyculture
- Added support of meteors for Windows/MSVC packages
- Added patch for multiscreen setups
- Added tui/tui_font_color option for change color of text user interface (LP: #1421998)
- Added new version of GCVS
- Added implementation of polinomial approximation of time period 1620-2013 for DeltaT by M. Khalid, Mariam Sultana and Faheem Zaidi (2014); http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2014/480964
- Added new line on the celestial sphere - opposition/conjunction longitude (LP: #1377606)
- Added texture for Ceres (LP: #1271380)
- Extended list of proper names for deep-sky objects
- Fixed position of Great Red Spot (LP: #490019)
- Fixed bug in planet shadow shasder (LP: #1405353)
- Fixed flickering Moon problem (LP: #1411958)
- Fixed jittering moons (LP: #1416824)
- Fixed visibility objects on distance over 50 AU. (LP: #1413381)
- Updated the Spherical projection to be HiDPI aware. (LP: #1385367)
- Restore unit testing for refraction and extinction. Fixed issue in unit test for DeltaT and fixed small issue for DeltaT.
- Fixed issue in core.setObserverLocation (to a new Planet travels always 1 second) (LP: #1414463)
- Fixed issue for cursor, who points to a wrong position after orbit update (LP: #1414824)
- Fixed ignore the Enter key for online search dialog within Solar System Editor plugin (LP: #1414814)
- Fixed package issue for Windows XP (LP: #1414233)
- Fixed crash when trying to select a satellite with invalid orbit (LP: #1307357)
- Check of updates has been removed (LP: #1414451)
- Fixed issues in Search Tool (LP: #1416830)
- Fixed code to update ConfigurationDialog size (LP: #995107)
- Behavior of JD/MJD has been refactored for Date and Time Dialog (LP: #1417619)
- Avoid delaying for the telescope control slew commands over TCP (LP: #1418375)
- Avoid crash when clicking 'Lookup locations on network' checkbox in Locations window (Debian: #779046)
- Updated bookmarks for Solar System editor plug-in (LP: #1425626)
- Allowing display the scope marker below the landscape (LP: #1426441)
- Allow fading of the landscapes without atmosphere (LP: #1420741)
- Allow change thickness of lines of the constellations (LP: #1028432)