no plus ones
- out of the study:
"ACTIONS FOR CIOS:
• Create a digital advisory board with both internal and outside experts to advise the executive team.
• Learn to paint a picture of the digital future, and use examples from companies in similar industries to make that real.
• Embed IT staff in the lines of business so that learning happens during the course of work, not just in special meetings or training sessions.
• Create a common lexicon to increase understanding, communicating in language that makes sense from the perspective of business activities and outcomes, not IT. It helps to start from the customer’s perspective.
• Partner closely with key business leaders—especially the CMO and the head of product development—to bring together the best from both domains. Identify and make clear which digital knowledge and skills need to reside in the lines of business and which should reside in IT.
• Work with the training and development organization to establish both formal and informal learning forums.
• Embrace a coaching framework across the organization, with KPIs built into individual managers’ performance reviews.
• Identify and bring in outside experts to address specific trends for different parts of the business."
Sounds like a very large change project, with different stakeholder and/or target groups with detailed coaching, communication & learing initiatives per group.Nov 21, 2016
Add a comment...