- Australian National UniversityWeb & Content Developer, 2014 - presentStrategic and Defence Studies Centre School of International, Political and Strategic Studies ANU College of Asia and the Pacific Design, set up, prepare and create key scholarly content in multiple media formats for the Australian Research Council Linkage project: Serving our Country: a history of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People in the Defence of Australia. Engage with key stakeholders in the ARC project’s interactive e-research approach, its communications and output strategy. Design the user interface, user experience and web analytics for content made available for public consumption. Full position description available at http://goo.gl/Ym93oe
- IEEEProject Manager, 2013 - 2014As Project Manager I lead an international team in the design & development of an online community with key stakeholders, gaining senior IEEE executive endorsement to implement my recommendations for managed virtual hosting, co-administration, data migration and virtual professional development training.
- Australian National Data ServiceProject Officer, 2012 - 2013Develop professionally competent front line staff in research institutions to support data sharing, data re-use, data connections and data management; support ANDS own services and information systems; develop training, web based and print based support materials; administer online conferencing facilities; facilitate frequent liaison with ANDS external stakeholders, eResearch communities and infrastructure support providers.
- Self EmployedE-Learning Consultant, 2011 - 2012Provide clients with specialist information communication technology consultation informing business cases, conducting business needs analysis, preparing tender submissions, facilitating stakeholder engagement using web conferencing technologies, developing virtual online learning and business platforms.
- Streamfolio Pty. Ltd.Operations Manager, 2009 - 2011Provide front-line services, facilitate communications with clients and suppliers across an international footprint, build long-term relationships with education & training organisations in all Australian sectors and project manage complex projects across online, metropolitan, rural and remote settings.
- Newcastle UniversityICT Systems Manager, 2010 - 2010University of Newcastle, NSW Australia April 2010 - December 2010 Contractor (concurrent with Streamfolio role) Facilitate project planning with management, develop the Australian African Fellowship (AAF) project website, conduct professional development activities with project participant stakeholders, maintain strict project milestone deadlines and contribute to project ICT plan.
IEEE SSIT | IEEE Society on Social Implications of Technology
The Society on Social Implications of Technology (SSIT) of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) is concerned with ho
Wearables DevCon: The Wearables Developer Conference
#WearDevCon is the HOW-TO technical conference for professionals implementing #Wearables technology . Be there, March 5-7 2014, in San Francisco.
TechCrunch Disrupt Europe In 1,337 Photos | TechCrunch
TechCrunch Disrupt Europe was a hit. Thousands of attendees, founders, and venture capitalists from around the world filled Arena Berlin. St
The beauty of scientific papers - Design trends of the past 350 years | ...
Reading blogs about scientific publishing can be a sobering experience. Peer review is broken; publishers are evil; papers are evaluated by
Jaron Lanier on Singularity 1 on 1: The Singularity Is A Religion for Geeks
Want to hear Jaron Lanier discussing why the singularity is a new religion? Check out his interview for www.SingularityWeblog.com