Last weekannounced MMS support is coming to Google Voice. We're happy to announce this week another step towards improving MMS support for Google Voice. T-Mobile has allowed MMS messages from their users to be sent to Google Voice users. Similar to MMS messages from Sprint users, these messages will appear in Gmail, and you can be notified of the message via SMS. We continue to work with other carriers to broaden support for messaging and bring MMS to Hangouts. More good things are coming!
309 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 49 previous comments
- If T-Mobile users send MMS picture messages to your GV number, you'll get them in your Gmail. Some carriers don't send the messages, so it doesn't matter which carrier you're on.Aug 27, 2014
- I'm a T-Mobile user, and I can't send or receive MMS to my own Google Voice number. That's my point!Aug 27, 2014
- It's 2014, long past time to retire MMS (and SMS for that matter) once and for all...
Unfortunately Google doesn't like this dream, having eliminated federation from Hangouts, when we were finally starting to get a messaging standard as ubiquitous as MMS!Aug 27, 2014
- So how do you download it?51w
- It's all integrated into their proprietary Hangouts application now.51w