Still struggling with clerics. Thinking of removing them from my game. If you did it, what did you players think?
Alex Schroeder: 2016-01-29 No Clerics
one plus one
Shared publicly•View activity
View 27 previous comments
Time to take a look, perhaps. The reason I never checked out W&W was that I didn't feel unhappy with magic-users and traditional Vancian magic, and I like some spells only being available at a higher level. It's part of D&D's promise of changing gameplay over time and thus a significant element of long running campaigns. I saw elsewhere that you don't run long running campaigns, so perhaps our premises differ in that respect.Jan 30, 2016
- you could still have traditional magic users, add the cleric spell lists to MUs, and use W&W for Clerics onlyJan 30, 2016
- not currently, because it does not fit the campaign framework of Chthonic Codex (on the other hand, it does not have capital-c-clerics, so ...). But I want to use it for the next non-CC game.Jan 30, 2016
- Maezar+1Clerics in my "Freebooters on the Frontier" games actually alter reality, changing the die rolls of players and their adversaries. We also do detail the religions, rituals, sacrifices, and social aspects of their cults. It's quite a popular class and I can't imagine doing without it!Jan 30, 2016
- Healing and Turning are not de facto aspects of the class either.Jan 30, 2016
- Atheist D&D where priests are illegal everywhere. So ten thousand ninja assassins are out to kill you.Jan 31, 2016
Add a comment...