- MUZEChief Imagination Officer, 2013 - presentMUZE is a fully integrated marketing agency that guides, inspires and develops employment branding and recruitment strategies for companies big and small. • Evaluate the employer brand and talent acquisition viability of an organization and create recommendations for individualized best practices • Create and design your careers page to fit the brand of the organization and utilize your applicant tracking system and other backend services to create a clean and unique experience to attract people to your organization • Partner with key human resource technologies (ATS, mobile apps and talent community CRM's) and incorporate into the employer branding and recruitment marketing strategies • Our creative and video production team will design stories, commercials and other visually stimulating videos to market your employer brand and showcase the culture, teams and organization. • Develop tools and programs that create and sustain employees involvement with organizations • Provide RPO services for your talent acquisition ramp up periods
- YPDirector of Employer Branding, 2013 - 2014• Create digital strategies for promoting the employer brand and design social recruiting training for 15+ person talent acquisition team. • Leading the redesign of the careers page and internal employee pages including; storyboarding, video direction, copywriting, and other creative functions • Design social campaigns across Vine, Instagram and Twitter as engagement tools for candidate engagement. • Develop employee referral campaigns to boost the hire % of referrals. • Promote the talent acquisition brand through talent communities, marketing campaigns, corporate careers page and social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Vine, Instagram and LinkedIn). • Measure and ensure positive candidate experiences at all engagement points of the talent acquisition process. • Co-managed the implementation of SuccessFactors ATS and transition from Taleo. • Manage recruiting technologies including; SuccessFactors and Jobs2Web. Check out our jobs at http://jobs.yp.com and all social media at "YPcareers"
- Case-MateDirector of People & Engagement, 2011 - 2013• Responsible for all traditional HR initiatives including; benefits, employee recognition, compensation, payroll, employee relations and talent acquisition. • Built and led the global talent acquisition efforts in start up environment while growing global locations in North and South America, Europe and Asia. • Created digital strategies for promoting the recruitment brand. • Developed and promoted all talent acquisition brand through talent communities, corporate careers page, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, blogs and LinkedIn • Create, measure and ensure positive candidate experiences at all engagement points of the talent acquisition process. • Designed and managed social recruiting strategies to engage potential candidates via videos, photos and talent communities. • Identify and campaign to executive level talent for global hiring and growth of new entities. • Select, implement and manage applicant tracking system (Jobvite) and ensure company adoption as a social recruiting platform. Social Media note: • Developed social media strategy for the Vaja luxury retail line. • Built social platforms including; Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Polyvore • Kicked off the blogger outreach and product web review programs
- SynergisVice President of Workforce Solutions, 2006 - 2011Responsible for building and leading the recruiting delivery team and promoted to build a new Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO) division (Workforce Solutions) for the organization. • Built and led the strategies and operations of an 8 member Talent Acquisitions team (directly) and a 4 person outside sales team (indirectly). • Prior to departure was designing a social media community tool which would be utilized to engage retirees and ex-employees for client’s project based requirements. • Developed and managed social media marketing and recruitment branding strategies for the recruiting department. • Built the Workforce Solutions department focused on RPO solutions for technology companies.
- Spherion (formerly AIM)Executive Recruiter, 1996 - 1999Started my career as an executive recruiter concentrating on executive placement ($85k + jobs) in Toledo, OH and assisted in opening an office in Birmingham, AL. • Interviewed candidates, conducted cold calls, pre-screened all candidates and checked references in an independent setting with minimal supervision. • Consultant to clients and candidates regarding career / company goals, salary expectations, relocation issues and job responsibilities. • Recruited on a national basis for all levels of talent (junior engineer to executive management) talent in Engineering, R& D, Software, Hardware, RF, Marketing, Advertising, and other corporate roles. I was an early adopter of job boards and trained other recruiters in their use. I created my own newsletter to keep candidates and people I assisted in their search informed about the market, trends and my jobs.
- PanasonicDirector of Talent Acquisition, 1999 - 2005Panasonic Mobile Communications was a mobile device technology company that grew from a 88 person R&D center, to a 500+ person, international, multi-divisional technology development center. • Built and managed the Talent Acquisition and Human Resource delivery team. • Managed all strategic talent acquisition and human resource initiatives including; talent management, global vendor selection & management, immigration, applicant tracking and workforce planning. • Developed and managed the company’s first on-line community to engage mobile developers utilizing Google and Yahoo Groups. • Recruiting for U.S., Canada, Mexico, and South America (Republic of Panama & Brazil) • Built the college recruiting & CO-OP Programs. • Manager of all employee relations issues. • Led the Immigration team responsible for 15% of our workforce • Designed global expatriate program including; United States, Japan, China, Czech Republic and United Kingdom. Social Media Note: I was responsible for all recruiting marketing campaigns and designed several marketing efforts and built on-line communities to engage the mobile community. I currently manage the LinkedIn Panasonic Corporate & Panasonic Mobile alumni page.
- Rockwell Collins (formerly DataPath)Head of Talent Acquisition, 2005 - 2006• Built and led an 8 person team responsible for all global talent acquisition for North America, Southeast Asia, Middle East, and Africa. • Developed and led all global talent acquisition and recruitment branding strategies. • Created all talent acquisition processes including; requisition process, formal job descriptions and formalized pipeline for future candidates in niche areas. • Researched and implemented an applicant tracking system (NuView) to assist in employment compliance, branding and database management. • Team was responsible for high growth; 200 employees to 600+ in a 12 month period. • Led all talent acquisition marketing efforts to raise awareness of the company brand. • Created companies first talent communities via on-line resources including community groups, newsletters and companies first social media portal (LinkedIn). • Co-developed tracking tool for workforce planning data gathering during period of record growth for overseas and domestic hiring in partnership with the Vice President of Finance. • Managed company’s staffing partners including; design and management of service level agreements and monitoring all dashboard results.
I am the Founder & CEO of MUZE, an integrated employer branding and recruitment marketing agency. Our team has built many corporate employer brands from start ups to global Fortune 500 companies. Prior to MUZE I led several global talent teams including; Case-Mate, Panasonic, Datapath (now Rockwell Collins) and had responsibilities for every continent except for Antarctica
Currently I serve as the EVP of Marketing for SHRM-Atlanta and sits on the advisory board for the Strategic Recruitment Summit. I regularly write and present on a variety of talent acquisition and new media topics. His book “Size Matters” was released in the summer of 2013 and discusses how people can build a personal brand with new/digital media and utilize in the job search.
I am a graduate of The University of Alabama with a degree in Marketing, and currently live in Atlanta, GA with his wife, 3 daughters and son.
- The University of Alabama