- SPLICE AgencyFounder, 2013 - presentSPLICE is a creative agency that believes authenticity is key in building brands and cultivating raving fans. We do some killer employer branding.
- YPDirector of Employer Branding, 2013 - 2014• Create digital strategies for promoting the employer brand and design social recruiting training for 15+ person talent acquisition team. • Leading the redesign of the careers page and internal employee pages including; storyboarding, video direction, copywriting, and other creative functions• Design social campaigns across Vine, Instagram and Twitter as engagement tools for candidate engagement.• Develop employee referral campaigns to boost the hire % of referrals.• Promote the talent acquisition brand through talent communities, marketing campaigns, corporate careers page and social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Vine, Instagram and LinkedIn).• Measure and ensure positive candidate experiences at all engagement points of the talent acquisition process.• Co-managed the implementation of SuccessFactors ATS and transition from Taleo.• Manage recruiting technologies including; SuccessFactors and Jobs2Web. Check out our jobs at http://jobs.yp.com and all social media at "YPcareers"
- Case-MateDirector of People & Engagement, 2011 - 2013• Responsible for all traditional HR initiatives including; benefits, employee recognition, compensation, payroll, employee relations and talent acquisition.• Built and led the global talent acquisition efforts in start up environment while growing global locations in North and South America, Europe and Asia.• Created digital strategies for promoting the recruitment brand. • Developed and promoted all talent acquisition brand through talent communities, corporate careers page, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, blogs and LinkedIn• Create, measure and ensure positive candidate experiences at all engagement points of the talent acquisition process.• Designed and managed social recruiting strategies to engage potential candidates via videos, photos and talent communities.• Identify and campaign to executive level talent for global hiring and growth of new entities.• Select, implement and manage applicant tracking system (Jobvite) and ensure company adoption as a social recruiting platform.Social Media note:• Developed social media strategy for the Vaja luxury retail line.• Built social platforms including; Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Polyvore• Kicked off the blogger outreach and product web review programs
- SynergisVice President of Workforce Solutions, 2006 - 2011Responsible for building and leading the recruiting delivery team and promoted to build a new Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO) division (Workforce Solutions) for the organization.• Built and led the strategies and operations of an 8 member Talent Acquisitions team (directly) and a 4 person outside sales team (indirectly).• Prior to departure was designing a social media community tool which would be utilized to engage retirees and ex-employees for client’s project based requirements.• Developed and managed social media marketing and recruitment branding strategies for the recruiting department.• Built the Workforce Solutions department focused on RPO solutions for technology companies.
- Spherion (formerly AIM)Executive Recruiter, 1996 - 1999Started my career as an executive recruiter concentrating on executive placement ($85k + jobs) in Toledo, OH and assisted in opening an office in Birmingham, AL.• Interviewed candidates, conducted cold calls, pre-screened all candidates and checked references in an independent setting with minimal supervision.• Consultant to clients and candidates regarding career / company goals, salary expectations, relocation issues and job responsibilities.• Recruited on a national basis for all levels of talent (junior engineer to executive management) talent in Engineering, R& D, Software, Hardware, RF, Marketing, Advertising, and other corporate roles.I was an early adopter of job boards and trained other recruiters in their use. I created my own newsletter to keep candidates and people I assisted in their search informed about the market, trends and my jobs.
- PanasonicDirector of Talent Acquisition, 1999 - 2005Panasonic Mobile Communications was a mobile device technology company that grew from a 88 person R&D center, to a 500+ person, international, multi-divisional technology development center.• Built and managed the Talent Acquisition and Human Resource delivery team.• Managed all strategic talent acquisition and human resource initiatives including; talent management, global vendor selection & management, immigration, applicant tracking and workforce planning.• Developed and managed the company’s first on-line community to engage mobile developers utilizing Google and Yahoo Groups.• Recruiting for U.S., Canada, Mexico, and South America (Republic of Panama & Brazil)• Built the college recruiting & CO-OP Programs.• Manager of all employee relations issues.• Led the Immigration team responsible for 15% of our workforce• Designed global expatriate program including; United States, Japan, China, Czech Republic and United Kingdom.Social Media Note: I was responsible for all recruiting marketing campaigns and designed several marketing efforts and built on-line communities to engage the mobile community. I currently manage the LinkedIn Panasonic Corporate & Panasonic Mobile alumni page.
- Rockwell Collins (formerly DataPath)Head of Talent Acquisition, 2005 - 2006• Built and led an 8 person team responsible for all global talent acquisition for North America, Southeast Asia, Middle East, and Africa. • Developed and led all global talent acquisition and recruitment branding strategies.• Created all talent acquisition processes including; requisition process, formal job descriptions and formalized pipeline for future candidates in niche areas.• Researched and implemented an applicant tracking system (NuView) to assist in employment compliance, branding and database management.• Team was responsible for high growth; 200 employees to 600+ in a 12 month period.• Led all talent acquisition marketing efforts to raise awareness of the company brand.• Created companies first talent communities via on-line resources including community groups, newsletters and companies first social media portal (LinkedIn).• Co-developed tracking tool for workforce planning data gathering during period of record growth for overseas and domestic hiring in partnership with the Vice President of Finance.• Managed company’s staffing partners including; design and management of service level agreements and monitoring all dashboard results.
I am the Founder & CEO of MUZE, an integrated employer branding and recruitment marketing agency. Our team has built many corporate employer brands from start ups to global Fortune 500 companies. Prior to MUZE I led several global talent teams including; Case-Mate, Panasonic, Datapath (now Rockwell Collins) and had responsibilities for every continent except for Antarctica
Currently I serve as the EVP of Marketing for SHRM-Atlanta and sits on the advisory board for the Strategic Recruitment Summit. I regularly write and present on a variety of talent acquisition and new media topics. His book “Size Matters” was released in the summer of 2013 and discusses how people can build a personal brand with new/digital media and utilize in the job search.
I am a graduate of The University of Alabama with a degree in Marketing, and currently live in Atlanta, GA with his wife, 3 daughters and son.
- The University of Alabama
5 Ways to Create Amazing In-Person Interview Experiences
The decision to accept a job is a big step for any candidate — especially for top performers who have dozens of opportunities at any given t
4 Ways to Turn Your Employees Into Brand Ambassadors |
Would you like more brand ambassadors on social media? This article shows how Adobe empowers 11,000 employees as social media brand ambassad
Never Let A Good Job Stand In The Way Of A Great Career | Fast Company |...
Settling into a job for security's sake is the easy choice to make, but it's the wrong one when it gets in the way of your future.
It’s Not a War for Talent. It’s More Like Match.com | LinkedIn
The problem with thinking about the current talent market as a war, is that it implies all the wrong tactics. Shock and awe, superior fire p
Inside Zappos: Your Questions Answered! | LinkedIn
When we announced this week that Zappos is shaking things up and getting rid of job postings, we expected the news to be pretty big. But wow
Real-Time Marketing Highlights from the “Social Bowl”
The Super Bowl is one of the biggest real-time marketing days of the year and one of the best times for brands to generate earned media. Man
Online Content Videos Hit Record 52 Billion Monthly Views
Online content video views have exceeded 50 billion a month for the first time on record, as 188.2 million Americans watched 52.4 billion on
This Is How Startup Entrepreneurs Think Differently [Infographic]
Entrepreneurs have a different mindset than most people. They take risks and chase dreams. This infographic goes into the mindset of startup
Why Microsoft's Partnership With Klout To Measure Influence At Work Is A...
The first attempt at changing the culture of the company was an appeal by the CEO for more transparency. His first request was sent via emai
Size Matters! How Big Is Your Social Footprint?:Amazon:Books
Amazon:Size Matters! How Big Is Your Social Footprint?
Glassdoor – an inside look at jobs & companies
Search jobs then look inside. Company salaries, reviews, interview questions, and more - all posted anonymously by employees and job seekers
RankingTheBrands top 100 - 2011 (SyncForce) | Ranking The Brands
The Brand Rankings, RankingTheBrands top 100 - 2011 by SyncForce
This 21-Year-Old Just Sold Her Startup For $100 Million
Welcome to early retirement!
Foursquare Launches ‘Self-Serve’ Pages For Businesses
Business pages on Foursquare have been around for about a year and a half, but today the announcement was made that business pages are becom