An interesting property of the logarithmic spiral is revealed if you roll it along a horizontal line. This animation shows the curves traced by points on the spiral, and note that the very center follows the path of a straight line. The angle between this line and the horizontal is called the pitch of the spiral, and for our spiral galaxy the pitch is around 12 degrees.
#math #geometry #logarithmic_spiral
- Lynx Capital Partners LLC (New York, USA/Kiev, Ukraine)Java Developer (HFT), 2012 - 2012Java development for high-frequency trading (HFT) solutions, high volume / low latency automated trading applications, real time full market analysis. Developing, deploying and maintaining systems for algorithmic trading. Research in the field of quantitative investing, statistical arbitrage, machine learning (SVM, RVM, NN) for financial market prediction, optimization and analysis of quantitative trading strategies.
- Aston Institute of Photonic Technologies (Birmingham, United Kingdom)Research Engineer, 2011 - 2012High-speed optical communications and nonlinear photonics. Research and development of methods for modeling coherent optical OFDM communication systems.
- CERN (Geneva, Switzerland)/LIP (Lisbon, Portugal)Researcher, 2011 - 2012Experimental Nuclear and High-Energy Physics: Heavy Ion Physics at LHC (Large Hadron Collider)/ATLAS (A Toroidal LHC ApparatuS) and Jets production in Pb+Pb Collisions. Research and shift work (Tile Calorimeter) during 2011 LHC Heavy-Ion running and data-taking in ATLAS Experiment, CERN, Geneve, Switzerland.
- Institute for Radio physics and Electronics of the National Academy of Science of Ukraine (Kharkiv, Ukraine)Research engineer, 2009 - 2011Computational Electromagnetics. Development of analytical and numerical tools for the design of various electromagnetic devices (dielectric and metal-dielectric antennas, waveguide circuits, etc.).
- Theoretical Radio Physics Dept., V.N. Karazin Kharkiv National UniversityM. Sc. in Radio Physics and Electronics, 2009 - 2010
- Theoretical Radio Physics Dept., V.N. Karazin Kharkiv National UniversityB. Sc. in Applied Physics, 2005 - 2009
- Kharkiv College of Patent Law and Computer ScienceAssociate in Computer Science, 1997 - 2001
Kane County Chronicle | Fermilab announces new particle discovery
Hide Bar, View Comments Add Comments, Print this story, E-mail this story, Add this story to Facebook, Add this story to Twitter, More share
Enter to win a hand-made leather iPad pocket « The Griffin Technology Blog
iPad and iPad 2. Hand-made in Lynnville, Tennessee from dry-milled leather and solid brass hardware, the No. 5 Pocket is built to outlast yo
Extreme Earth Photos, Landscape Photos, Gallery, Wallpaper -– National G...
Extreme Earth pictures, extreme Earth photos, photo gallery, picture gallery, desktop wallpaper, from National Geographic.
25 Great Examples Of HTML5 Power | Top Design Magazine - Web Design and ...
Top Design Magazine – Web Design and Digital Content -. Design. Adobe Illustrator; Adobe Photoshop; Advertising; Buttons; Digital Art; Featu