Why can't we write Custom receiver apps that use 1080p?
15 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 17 previous comments
- Any news on this? Through I read something about the resolution being 720p now, but with the pixel density of 1080p so should allow for smooth rendering and hi-res images?41w
- Just bought a 4K chrome cast and created an an app to display art only to find I can only show 720p images. That's rather disappointing.39w
- Talked to a google chrome cast developer employee at io a couple of years ago. He mentioned they have 1080 disabled to avoid performance problems. But they were thinking about putting in a developer flag to allow it with a disclaimer it might not keep up with frame rate. Maybe if enough people chirp in here they can be encouraged to work on it.39w
- That would be helpful. I just want to display a high res jpg with a buy button in the browser. Performance is a non issue.39w
- I just want to do dashboards. Same thing for me... I don't really care about performance. I sort of came to the conclusion that they're never going to allow this either. Tried posting a new thread here or on stackoverflow. Maybe a new message will should up on someone's list somehow. When I asked the google developer they said to post here.39w
- Three years later and no 1080p support, Don't think this is going to happen. We abandoned chromecast and went to use chrome OS in kiosk mode instead, a lot better.36w
Add a comment...