- CNBCSenior Producer, present
- Kyodo NewsEditor, present
- Bloomberg L.P.Producer, present
- STAR TVProducer, present
- IDG ComputerworldSenior Reporter, present
- Channel NewsAsiaReporter/Producer, present
- Safra RadioReporter/Producer, present
- YahooManaging Editor, India & Southeast Asia, 2009 - 2015As the editorial head for the region, I was responsible for building and executing Yahoo's editorial vision for Southeast Asia. In this director-level role, I'm leading the business through a historic shift from primarily aggregated to original content, harnessing the best technology to deliver the most compelling content experience on PCs and mobile. I've built an in-house team of journalists and expanded our partner relationships to include bloggers and other freelancers to drive our content strategy around videos, photos and text articles. The changes we've made ensure that Yahoo extends its leadership position across key categories such as news and entertainment as tracked by comScore.I’ve put together a team from scratch by hiring and training editors and producers across Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Ho Chi Minh City, Manila and Jakarta to shepherd, engage and measure an audience of millions of people. We build great content that help drive great conversations in our community and the clients who want to reach them.I manage a staff of more than 70 people in Southeast Asia and work with numerous bloggers and other contributors to deliver content that is unique, diverse and engaging.
Technology law will soon be reshaped by people who don't use email
The US supreme court doesn't understand the internet. Laugh all you want, but when NSA, Pandora and privacy cases hit the docket, the lack o
Half an operating system: The triumph and tragedy of OS/2
IBM doesn't make consumer, desktop operating systems anymore for a reason.
Fewer Cat Memes, More Hard-Hitting Stuff: BuzzFeed Gets Real With Invest...
Fewer Cat Memes, More Hard-Hitting Stuff: BuzzFeed Gets Real With Investigative Editor
The New Media Landscape: 105 Vital Sources for Journalists | Journalism ...
Anyone mourning the “death of journalism” based on the closure of a few newspapers hasn't been paying attention. The exponential growth of I
17 Signs That You Were Alive Before Digital Photography
How do us elders separate ourselves from those who only know what it means to upload? Here are 17 tools and toys you'll immediately recogniz
Nokia now sells more Lumias than BlackBerry sells phones
With this quarter's mixed financial results, Nokia revealed that Lumia sales were up to a record high of 7.2 million. That means that the co
Motion speech in Parliament on MDA internet regulations: Mrs Lina Chiam,...
Today on 8 July 2013 in Parliament, Mrs Lina Chiam, NCMP and Chairman of the opposition Singapore People’s Party (SPP), raised an adjournmen
Coalition of internet giants 'very concerned' over new MDA regulations
A group of five multi-national Internet giants have expressed their collective concern over the recent MDA individual class licensing regime
Eric Kim: 10 Lessons William Klein has taught me about Street Photograph...
Digital Photography Review: All the latest digital camera reviews and digital imaging news. Lively discussion forums. Vast samples galleries
Chinese dissidents dodge Tiananmen Square censorship with memes
24 years ago today, hardliners within China’s government cracked down on student protests in Tiananmen Square with a hail of bullets, killin
Why the new MDA online licensing framework is censorship
I've been using the Internet for a very long time -- since 1995 or so. I remember the days of pine, lynx and tin; irc, talk and finger. I re
Why Does the American Media Get Big Stories Wrong?
A magazine publisher has written a provocative article raising that question. I try to offer some answers.
Suddenly, Google Plus Is Outpacing Twitter To Become The World's Second ...
359 million active users.