I wasn't in the habit of taking that many photos (sorry, I was using my phone to play Ingress most of the time :-) ), but I think this auto-awesome'd story does a pretty good effort of summarising things.
Vol 1: http://goo.gl/4MjUS1
Vol 2: http://goo.gl/9L2ph7
Vol 1: http://goo.gl/XNBwMv
Vol 2: http://goo.gl/FHH2Ws
Throughout the day, we'll post questions related to the #NianticProjectFiles in the comments on this post. For example: After being declared MIA, on what date was recovered near the Hindu Kush Mountains? (Hint: Vol. 1 Pg. 132.) Leave your answer in the comments below. Good luck.
10,000,001AP, while level 10.
(I actually got this on the 9th May. I should have waited until after midnight...)
To this day, I've still not found a way to explain to my parents what I'm doing without them rolling their eyes and ignoring me before dismissing everything as overly geeky :-)
The first unclaimed portal eventually got fully charged with all 8 resonators. Obviously since it's only level 1 it's an easy target for any passing resistance scum, but given there aren't that many players in Edinburgh I'm hoping it'll last. I'm not sure how effective a portal shield is, but I've added one of those too! The second unclaimed portal only has one resonator, but it's a bit out of the way so should be safe. Given that it gets dark early just now and the area is extremely hazardous in the dark, I don't imagine it'll get much attention.
Final achievement (for me anyway!) was taking out a resonator in an enemy portal. Again, it was only level 1 and chances are it'll get replaced pretty soon, but not bad for a couple of hours playing.
I also made an effort to submit a couple of new portals, and will continue to do so as I make my way around the city. Let's hope they appear in-game soon!
This only leaves me with a couple of queries:
- is there a way to report erroneous or duplicate portals? I know I said portals are somewhat lacking in this area, but as an example, the Scott Monument on Princes Street, Edinburgh has more than 10 portals, all at different locations and with different wordings. Some are slight variations ("Scott Monument", "Scott's Monument" - this one is horribly wrong!), some are in foreign languages ("Monumento a Byron Scott") and some are just obviously there with no effort ("May 2008"). Since I'm playing a game in beta, I'm assuming one of the things I'm meant to do is report things such as this?
- are there any other Enlightened players in Edinburgh reading this who want to coordinate efforts? :-) Those level 5 resistance portals will come down eventually!
1. Share this post to public and tag at least 2 friends in your own post.
2. Fill out the following form: http://bit.ly/OPInsanityWkD4 (it only takes 1 minute!).
3. Go insane!
Interested in the 2014 flagship killer? A new winner will be chosen and announced every two hours so the sooner you enter, the better your chances are. Things are going to get crazy up in here. The contest for Day 4 starts today at 1.00 pm GMT (7.00 am CST) and will close on Friday, October 17 at 1.00 pm (7.00 am CST).
More info about this contest: http://bit.ly/InsanityWkD4
Aye or Die!
- University of EdinburghArtificial Intelligence & Software Engineering, 1996 - 2002
Practical IT: What is your company's threat response strategy?
As someone looking after IT for your company, how do you react to reports of vulnerabilites like those seen recently in Java and Internet Ex
Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Android 4. 0 Smartphone - SAMSUNG UK - OVERVIEW
SAMSUNG With the latest Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 OS, brilliant 4.65” HD Super AMOLED screen, the Galaxy Nexus is without doubt the next-genera