- Parson's Music LimitedSenior Piano Instructor, 2013 - present
- Farley's House of PianosPiano Faculty, 2011 - 2013
- Rhapsody Arts CenterPiano Faculty, 2011 - 2012
- Pennsylvania State UniversityGraduate TA, 2009 - 2011
- Oberlin Conservatory of MusicPiano Shop Assistant, 2008 - 2009
Lui Alan Lai, Piano – Pianist Lui Alan Lai is an Oberlin Conservatory of Music graduate with a Bachelor of Music in piano performance under Ms. Sedmara Rutstein. He extended his study at Pennsylvania State University with a Master of Music in piano performance and pedagogy, where he studied piano under Dr. Enrico Elisi, and pedagogy under Dr. Timothy Shafer.
At the age of four, Lui Alan Lai began his piano lessons. Since then, he performed in various venues in China, Hong Kong, Italy, and USA. He won several piano competitions while in middle school and received an award from the Ohio Music Teachers Association Piano Competition. He performed in several master classes by Enrico Pace and Giuseppe Lupis. His recent performances include an outdoor concert at Wildflower Music Festival, public concerts at Capitol Lakes Madison, and at Farley’s House of Pianos; a special venue which hosted world class concerts by Paul Badura-Skoda, Peter Serkin, Alessio Bax, and Daniel del Pino.
Lui Alan Lai’s repertoire ranges from classical music to pre-composed jazz of Nikolai Kapustin. He has a wide interest in all musical styles and also piano technology. He studied piano technology with Steinway technician John Cavanaugh. He worked closely with John Cavanaugh and Andrew Bertoni as Oberlin Conservatory piano shop assistant. He also served as an administrative assistant for Oberlin’s Summer Music Programs.
In addition to piano performance, Lui Alan Lai also focuses on piano pedagogy. He participated in teachers’ workshop at Marian Garcia Piano Competition, featuring Dr. Nelita True. During his residency at Farley’s House of Pianos, he attended Madison Area Piano Teachers Associated Workshop featuring Mr. Marvin Blickenstaff.
His past teachers include Iantchinova Rachida, Da Chun You, Caroline Hong, Chun Hu Zhou and Seymour Fink.
- Pennsylvania State UniversityMaster of Music in Pedagogy and Performance with track in Piano, 2009 - 2012The Master of Music in Pedagogy and Performance with track in Piano is intended to offer the Penn State graduate piano major an intensive curriculum not only in the performance of the instrument, but also in piano methods, literature, and teaching strategies at a variety of levels. It provides students the opportunity to diversify their interests in the two fields without diluting either. Students who complete the degree can expect to achieve not only a high standard of piano performance, but also a thorough working knowledge of the pedagogy and literature of the instrument. It is intended to prepare students for entrance to the world of professional music as performers and teachers or for admission to doctoral-level study.
- Oberlin Conservatory of MusicBachelor of Music in Piano Performance, 2004 - 2008The Conservatory of Music seeks to educate young musicians at the highest level. The conservatory offers rigorous programs designed to prepare students for professional lives as performers, composers, scholars, and teachers. We welcome talented music students with demonstrated records of achievement to apply. The members of the piano faculty are nationally known performers, ensemble players, guest teachers, and lecturers. Their interests include early keyboard instruments, vocal and instrumental accompanying, and avant-garde techniques. They also represent a wide variety of pedagogic approaches. Two department members were formerly teaching members of the Leningrad Conservatory; others represent the Schnabel and Lhevinne traditions. In addition, the faculty includes a leading authority on group and private pedagogy of elementary piano methods and intermediate materials and a specialist on period instruments. Faculty-supervised student teaching gives students firsthand pedagogical experience.
Detaining my partner: a failed attempt at intimidation
The detention of my partner, David Miranda, by UK authorities will have the opposite effect of the one intended
The Cost of Living 2013: Hong Kong-Style :: Hong Kong GeoExpat
GeoExpat.Com provides expats around the world with forums, classifieds, job and resource listings.
What Bradley Manning's Sentence Will Tell Us About Our Military Justice ...
Today Bradley Manning was convicted on 20 of 22 counts, including violating the Espionage Act, releasing classified information and disobeyi
NSA is collecting phone records of Verizon customers: report
NEW YORK (Reuters) - The U.S. National Security Agency is collecting telephone records of millions of Verizon Communications customers under
1939 New York in HD Color - Looks Like Filmed Yesterday!
http://digilander.libero.it/romanoarchives/ http://ww2incolor.altervista.org http://romanoarchives.altervista.org New York City, Summer 1939
Hong Kong visa waiver proposal clears U.S. Senate panel
The Senate Judiciary Committee on Thursday amended an immigration reform bill to allow visitors from Hong Kong to enter the United States wi
Panasonic Lumix G5 Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera with Lumi...
Lumix G5 Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera with Lumix G Vario 14-42mm Lens (Black)