I don't have that kind of available time.
I have encountered many who tell me that Agile ways of working don't work or that it was a horrible experience. When giving the opportunity to learn some details I rarely find their experience to be something based on Agile Manifesto principles.
Yet, to them, that experience is what Agile is.
Time: Teams that are writing code today that will be used by their customers tomorrow are very focused on what the customers actually need. Teams that are writing code today that won’t be seen by a customer for six months are less engaged.
Feedback: Teams that get to see people actually using their software are far more engaged than teams who get curated feedback only through other groups. Those in turn, are more engaged than teams that never get adequate feedback at all.
What can we learn from this? If you want your teams to be doing better work then shorten the time to delivery and increase the feedback.
1) Deliver to production more frequently. If you deliver quarterly today then try for monthly. If you delivery monthly today then try for weekly. If you already do weekly, try for daily. The best teams are delivering ten or more times a day.
2) Involve teams in first or second line support so they see how real people use the software.
3) If you have access to a usability lab then test your software there so the team can see real people struggle. It was eye-opening for me, the first time I sat behind the one-way glass in a usability lab. So many of my assumptions of how the software would be used were wrong.
- Arizona State University
- BigVisible SolutionsAgile Coach, present
- Dayley Agile, LLCPrincipal Agile Coach, 2010 - 2012
- Smart Storage SystemsSenior Customer Engineer, 2009 - 2012
- Adtron CorporationStaff Software Engineer, 2000 - 2009
Gangplank Richmond Kicks off UX workshop series - Gangplank
I had the honor of hosting Gangplank's first UX workshop in Richmond on July 11th. The meet-up invite filled very quickly for the 15 availab
[South Meeting] July 18th – Culture Hacking! – Phoenix Scrum User's Group
Where: Infusionsoft (Google Map) 1260 S. Spectrum Blvd. Chandler, AZ 85286. Agenda: 6:00 - Registration (Infusionsoft providing Food and Dri
[North Meeting] 05/07/13 – Ecosystem for Enterprise Agility – A Coaching...
Where: *** IMPORTANT: LOCATION CHANGE *** Axosoft (Google Map) 13835 North Northsight Boulevard #205. Scottsdale, AZ 85260. Agenda: 6:00 pm
Parkinson’s patients get needed lift at Gilbert wellness center
Parkinson’s patients get needed lift at Gilbert wellness center,Banner Neuro Wellness in Gilbert shows results by improving the quality of l
Burrowing owls set to be introduced to new Gilbert home
Burrowing owls set to be introduced to new Gilbert home, Owls will be placed at Zanjero Park this weekend. Volunteers will bring food for th
Gilbert's Liberty Market to serve 31 specialty burgers in 31 days
Gilbert's Liberty Market to serve 31 specialty burgers in 31 days, Downtown Gilbert eatery will serve a different specialty burger every day
YouTube Advanced Search can no longer filter searches by "relevance", "m...
Google Product Forums > YouTube >. Categories: Playing and watching videos : Report a technical issue : Firefox : YouTube Advanced Search ca
Beyond ACTA: next secret copyright agreement negotiated this week—in Hol...
The secretive process surrounding ACTA continues with a new agreement, the Trans-Pacific Partnership, that goes even beyond it's already-tou