Messages to extraterrestrial intelligence, or METI, is a big controversy for SETI folks ... and this project is likely to re-ignite the debate. What do you think? Is trying to let the aliens know we exist a good idea?
4 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
- I'd argue for "no", but I'm afraid if I post on G+ then the aliens will hear me -- and worse, they'll know that I'm afraid of them.4w
- It's a bit like being in a dark cave and not knowing if there's anything back there and announcing yourself, while unarmed. What's the point? What are the odds that if there IS anything in that cave, that it's friendly or that you have any hope of defending yourself against it if it's not?
Problem is, whatever's in there, you've alerted them to your entire tribe, who have nowhere to run.4w
- Boiled Human with side of fries.
Human liver pudding.
Human Cordon Bleu4w
- We are broadcasting our presence in all directions already.4w
- true, but not directed, full power, to a specific place.4w
- True enough.4w