By Alan J. Bauman, M.D.
Summer is here again, and while most of us think only about our skin during the hot season, it’s important to remember that your hair needs extra attention too. Just as you wouldn’t want to go to the beach without a layer of protective sunscreen, you also don’t want to run around in 90-degree, 90% humidity weather without taking some extra steps for your hair.
Your hair, like your skin, reacts differently to changes in temperature and humidity, so you need to adapt and redefine your hair care regimen during the summer, and again in the winter, to keep your locks feeling and looking luscious and healthy. High temperatures and humidity can quickly become a dull, static-y, frizzy nightmare if you don't prepare for and take care of your hair through the harsh summer months.
Read on for more things everyone (guys too!) should do to protect their hair during the hot Florida summer: https://www.scribd.com/doc/314628453/Tips-for-Beating-Summer-Hair-Blues-DrAlanBauman
At Bauman Medical Group, we recently launched “Salon B,” which is the only program of its kind in the state of Florida. Salon B is an advanced new treatment center in a spa-like atmosphere that offers patients cutting-edge scalp and hair follicle therapies from the renowned leader in trichology, Bologna, Italy-based Cesare Ragazzi Laboratories.
#hair #summer #frizz #uv #damage #tips #cosmetic #beauty #salonb
At , board certified hair restoration physician, Dr. , M.D. is the world's most experienced prescriber of Formula 82M for hair regrowth. In addition to lecturing internationally, he also consults with and treats patients at his office in Boca Raton Florida in-person and long-distance.
#minoxidil #82m #compounded #pharmacy #rogaine #foam #5% #hairloss #alopecia #hairgrowth #effective #topical #alternative #purchase #buy #prescriber
While #hairloss may have many causes and be influenced by many factors, hereditary hair loss called Androgenetic Alopecia is by far the most common and also one of the most easily treatable! At we treat about 1000 patients each year suffering from a variety of #scalp health and #hair loss issues and it's not a coincidence that many families schedule their evaluation and treatment appointments together. I guess it's my point that while genetic hair loss testing is available, most people may already have an idea of their risk by looking around the family dinner table.
However, this Mother's Day, give your mom a hug and thank her for all the good genes she passed along! :-)
Odds are, your grandpa experienced it, probably your dad too. Is any man truly safe from hair loss?
For most men, hair loss seems unavoidable. If you look down the street, it is hard to find a man older than 40 who isn’t experiencing some degree of hair loss or thinning. If you look at the statistics, this makes sense. According to the American Hair Loss Association, by the age of 35, approximately two-thirds of men will experience some degree of hair loss; and by the age of 50, 85 percent of men have significantly thinning hair.
What is Male Pattern Baldness?
For nearly 95 percent of men, male pattern baldness is the culprit behind their hair loss. Male Pattern Hair Loss, or Androgenetic Alopecia, has been proven to be caused by the progressive miniaturization of hair follicles that are sensitive to the hormone dihydrotestosterone (DHT), a breakdown product of the male hormone testosterone. Male pattern hair loss is inherited and can start anytime after puberty. Under the influence of DHT, the follicles which are sensitive to it start to miniaturize, producing progressively thinner, shorter and less pigmented hair over time resulting in a loss of coverage in a highly-recognizable pattern: recession of the frontal/temporal hairline and baldness in the crown/vertex areas. Eventually, the follicles stop producing hair altogether.
But despite its prevalence among men, there are still an abundance of misconceptions and misinformation surrounding hair loss.
Here are five little-known facts about male pattern baldness.
1. Despite what you’ve been told, it isn’t mom’s fault. Genetics are the main cause of hair loss in men and women; in fact, there are approximately 200 genes that regulate hair and hair growth. But while it has long been believed that hair loss is passed down solely from the mother's side, we now know that the genes can be inherited from either your mother and father’s side, or a combination of the two and we are always discovering an increasing number of non-genetic factors which can accelerate hair loss. Are you at risk? New genetic tests can accurately determine an individual's risk of losing their hair so they can begin preventative treatments early.
2. 50% of Your Hair is Gone Before it Becomes Noticeable. How early you spot your thinning hair determines how much hair you save. If you wait until the hair loss is visible to the naked eye, you're too late - 50 percent is already gone! While this number may seem shocking, it confirms what those in the hair restoration field have long known, that the best tool in fighting hair loss is early detection, making it essential for patients to seek the advice of a certified hair restoration physician as soon as possible.
3. Your Hair Loss Risk is Proportionate to Your Age. Male pattern baldness can start any time after puberty. But while 20 may seem early for hair loss to start, that is the reality for nearly of quarter of men. For men, the risk of losing your hair is proportional to your age, in other words: 20% in 20s, 30% in 30s, and so on. This math proves true for men into their 90s.
4. 60% of Men Can’t Correctly Spot a Hair Transplant. – Not long ago, hair transplants looked fake and 'pluggy' and left undesirable scarring. Today, thanks to scientific advancements and new technology, like NeoGraft FUE and ARTAS robotic-assisted transplants, the procedure is completely undetectable to the naked eye. In fact, according to a 2009 Hair Transplant Challenge Survey, sponsored by the International Society for Hair Restoration Surgery, 60 percent of men couldn’t correctly spot a hair transplant.
5. Hair loss Isn’t Inevitable. In the past, there were no effective treatments in sight for hair loss and hair thinning patients; the only solution was to cover up hair loss with hats and artificial hairpieces. Fortunately, today there are many effective hair loss medications and treatments that have made hair loss a treatable condition. Along with these treatments, advances in hair transplantation have made it possible to restore hair loss permanently.
If you are concerned about hair loss, or would like more information on the growing number of effective treatment options, you should call a board-certified hair restoration physician— someone who specializes exclusively in the medical diagnosis, treatment and tracking of hair loss and its treatment. These specially trained physicians have had extensive training specific to treating hair loss, and have up-to-date knowledge of the newest treatment options.
Once your doctor has diagnosed the extent of your hair loss and the causes behind it, your physician may recommend both medical therapies and lifestyle changes as part of your treatment regimen. Medical treatments that will help mitigate hair loss include a specially compounded prescription minoxidil solution, platelet-rich plasma injections (PRP, also called the ‘vampire hair growth treatment’), prostaglandin analogs, low-level laser therapy, and nutritional supplements. In advanced cases, hair transplantation via NeoGraft FUE, or ARTAS, may be the patients’ best strategy for treating their hair loss. These state-of-the-art techniques are only available through board-certified hair restoration surgeons, and require both precision and artistry for natural-looking results. The most effective strategy is usually a multi-therapy approach, along with routine follow-ups for tracking purposes to see what’s working. Regular follow-ups should be performed every 90 days while undergoing treatment. These appointments can help ensure patients are responding to their treatment regimen and getting the best results possible.
Hair Loss by the Numbers
• 50 million men in the U.S. are reported each year to suffer from hair loss - and that’s a conservative estimate.
• Male Pattern Baldness accounts for 95% of hair loss in men.
• According to an ISHRS Survey, 60% of men can’t correctly spot a hair transplant
• Men have a 4 in 7 chance of inheriting the baldness gene.
• There are approximately 200 genes that regulate hair and hair growth.
• If you wait until the hair loss is visible to the naked eye, you're too late - 50% is already gone.
• By 35, two-thirds of men will experience some degree of hair loss; and by the age of 50, 85% will have significantly thinning hair.
• 9 out of 10 balding men cite hair loss as their No. 1 concern.
• Over 800,000 men and women seek treatment for their hair loss each year.
#A4M #hairloss #androgen #replacement #hormone #HRT #antiaging #androgenicalopecia #alopecia #dht #dihydrotestosterone #medical #cosmetic #therapy #doctor #DrAlanBauman
#alopecia #hairloss #psychology #effects #treatment #female #article #medical #dralanbauman #florida
- New York Medical College1995
- University of California Riverside1991
- Pingry School, NJ1987
- PRWEB (current)
- NeoGraft FUE Hair Transplant Network (current)
- Women's Hair Loss Support (current)
- "Getting My Face Back" by Rachel Dauod (current)
- "I Had A Hair Transplant" (current)
- celebrityhairlossblog (current)
- HairBlogByJoe.com (current)
- The "Long Lash Club" (current)
- bmgsite (current)
- SlideShare (current)
- SlideShare (current)
- PRWEB (current)
My passion is my profession: Hair Restoration. In my medical practice, we help men and women with hair loss look and feel great by restoring their own living and growing hair. These are NOT your father's "hair plugs!" We use artistic microsurgery to restore your hair undetectably, comfortably and effectively. Minimally-invasive Hair Transplants like FUE/NeoGraft, Medical Treatments, Nutritional Modification, Low Level Laser Therapy, etc. It's all designed to help you enhance, maintain and restore your own living and growing hair.
Also available in our Boca Raton office is non-surgical FDA-approved Zerona fat-reduction/body contouring. We were the first in Florida to offer this outside of the clinical trial locations.
Since 1997, personalized attention and high-quality results are what Bauman Medical Group has stood for.
If you've got a question about hair loss, hair restoration, hair transplants or other treatments like Propecia, Minoxidi/Rogaine, Laser Therapy, etc. contact me and I will respond.
Alan J. Bauman, M.D. -- Medical Director, Bauman Medical Group
see our videos on http://www.youtube.com/baumanmedical
Connect on http://www.linkedin.com/in/alanjbauman
Like us on http://www.facebook.com/baumanmedical
- Bauman Medical GroupPhysician, 1997 - presentDr. Alan J. Bauman is the Medical Director and Founder of Bauman Medical Group. Specializing in minimally invasive NeoGraft FUE hair transplant surgery and the medical management of hair loss.
1450 S Dixie Hwy Boca Raton, FL 33432
Special Report: Boca doctor hopes to help people with hair issues | Heal...
A Boca Raton doctor is hoping to help women and men with thinning, brittle hair.
South Florida hair loss specialist helps woman go from bald to beautiful
A South Florida woman who was had a brain tumor turned to a Boca Raton hair loss specialist in hopes of getting the locks she craved back.
Brain Cancer Survivor Gets Gift of a New Head of Hair at SalonB Boca Raton
SalonB Client and Brain Cancer Survivor, Genny Robinson We are excited to have SalonB client, Genny Robinson, here at Bauman Medical today.
Trusted & Verified Plastic Surgery Reviews - Real Patient Ratings
Real Patient Ratings (RPR) is committed to helping patients get an "insider" view of the complete patient care experience.
Trichotillomania News, Photos and Videos - ABC News
Browse Trichotillomania latest news and updates, watch videos and view all photos and more. Join the discussion and find more about Trichoti
New Treatment May Regrow and Thicken Hair Without Surgery
Platelet-rich plasma therapy, or PRP, seems to be a promising hair-loss treatment.
Morgan Stewart Almost Pukes After Brendan Fitzpatrick Shows Off Hair Tra...
In the above deleted scene from the #RichKids of Beverly Hills season two finale, Morgan Stewart ...
Formula 82M in Topical Treatment of Hair Loss - Case Study
Hair loss is a typical problem affecting a major chunk of the population across the world irrespective of race, age, gender or region.
NeoGraft is NOT Your Father’s Hair Transplant! No Plugs, No Linear Scar,...
By Alan J. Bauman, M.D. -. NeoGraft Father's Day is upon us, but if you are concerned that you have inherited your father's tendency toward
Dealing With Female Hair Loss During The Menopause: Dr. Lycka & Dr. ...
Female hair loss is one of the distressing symptoms of the menopause for women to deal with, but these days there are many treatments availa
BaumanMedical.com | Follicular Unit Micrograft & FUE Hair Transplant...
Experts in helping men and women enhance, maintain and restore their own living and growing hair through quality hair transplants and treatm
Can eyelash extensions cause eyelash damage? - Alan J. Bauman, M.D. -- H...
Many celebrities like Nicki Minaj and Katy Perry have recently popularlized the use of eyelash extensions. However, last year, Consumer Repo
AD OF THE DAY: The Best Beard-Related Optical Illusion Of The Year So Far
You'll need to look twice.