Great insight and purely rational conclusions.
Feminism never has, and never should be, a homogeneous movement. What unites us is very simple: a belief that gender shouldn’t limit people’s life chances, and yet does, constantly, far more than merely through the laws of nature. This is the true tyranny of low expectations: just as much for the man who is told it’s unnatural to put fatherhood first, as it is for the women who’s subtly yet repeatedly told at school that physics is for boys. To be allies, we need to agree on the basic problems, but we don’t need to agree on the solutions. If anything, we need to gloriously, joyously disagree, where disagreement is debate and challenge to received wisdom and tired campaign slogans.
The encouragement for this series of blog posts is Lord Howell's timely and appropriate criticism of the immigration system as partially modified by the Tory/LibDem Coalition government. The peer did not mince words, and neither does the report by the commi...
- University of LiverpoolMSc IT, 2005 - 2007
- University of LondonLLM, 2006 - 2008
- University of the PunjabBSc, 1985 - 1989
- Interests: IT, Law, Cricket, Economics, Politics, Sociology
- Formal Education: LL.M., University of London; M.Sc. IT, University of Liverpool; B.Sc., University of the Punjab
- DigiWave SystemsIT Architect, 2009 - present
- Dyanet CanadaIT Architect, 1998 - 2007
- IBM CanadaIT Specialist, 1996 - 1998
- GBM OmanProject Manager, 2007 - 2009
Mechanoid: Extracting the JDK from Oracle's Windows installer .exe
The Oracle JDK downloads for Windows are only offered as EXE files, or install executables. Unfortunately, for some of us, we don't want to
How to Prepare Your Business for Google+ | PCWorld Business Center
Here's what you need to know about Google+ for business, and why it could become a friendlier place for businesses than Facebook.
Managing Mobile Devices: 10 Lessons Learned, via Forrester
Forrester Research offers up 10 lessons learned from early adopters of MDM (mobile device management) products, including advice on how to s
Maven and WebSphere Web Applications | Portal Solutions Blog
websphere portal maven page builder deploy