The #RagggisRejects Feedback Thread
Let's do this. Post your rejected magic item below if you want feedback on it.
First 10 to be posted will receive at minimum a 150 word review from me.
Rules for posting magic items:
1. Post your magic item. If it's small enough, it can be its own comment, otherwise link to your blog or the LotFP forum post (not the whole thread).
2. If there are other magic items already posted, you must review at least 5 before you post your own. If there aren't, then you're committing to reviewing at least 5. Which ones are up to you.
3. Don't say anything about your item. That's what other people will do.
4. Don't get in any fights in this thread. Don't defend your design choices. Listen thoughtfully and consider that this is someone else's valid viewpoint. The only time
you're allowed to respond to a reviewer is to ask follow-up questions, which should be in the form of "Can you expound upon thing X that you said?" All follow-up questions must be in this format, and are limited to a single comment.
5. By posting in this thread, you agree to not let your feelings get hurt.
If you can't agree to that, then don't post here. Make your own thread.
Rules for giving feedback:
1. Don't hold back. If you didn't like a thing, that's awesome. Don't hold back feedback because you're worried about hurting a person's feelings.
2. Don't be a douche. If you didn't like a thing, that's awesome, but be critical and helpful in describing why. Simply stating your personal opinion is not a review, you need to back that shit up with specifics.
3. Corollary to (2). Talk about the item, not the author. Seriously people. No "what were you thinkings", no "you are an idiot for writing this", none of that shit.
4. +James Raggi
gave a bunch of general feedback during this process. Refer to that where you can.
5. When reviewing, plus-mention the person you are replying to.
6. If the person whose work you are reviewing begins engaging in a way that's agains the rules, just ignore them. Let's keep this thread as on-topic as possible.