- Trinity College, DublinComputer Science, 1990 - 1994
- O'Connell School (secondary school)1985 - 1990
- TripAdvisor Ireland LtdPrincipal Site Operations Engineer, 2014 - presentThe site must never go down.
- Site Reliability Engineer, 2006 - 2010Keeping the site up and working; consulting on software at world-scale; writing production infrastructure software.
- Sun Microsystems"Member of Technical Staff" (i.e. programmer), 1997 - 2001Software developer on the Jini project; also on the Java RMI team (part of jdk-dev).
Site Reliability Engineering – Books on Google Play
The overwhelming majority of a software system’s lifespan is spent in use, not in design or implementation. So, why does conventional wisdom
The Practice of Cloud System Administration – Books on Google Play
“There’s an incredible amount of depth and thinking in the practicesdescribed here, and it’s impressive to see it all in one place.” –Win
Banking inquiry told guarantee decision was ‘insane’
US expert William Black says penalties ‘must include jail’
The Yes Woman: I return to Mass and the room reminds me of a closed fist
I want to go into Mass with an open mind, but it is like trying to be rational about unicorns
Sawzall 1.0.1 guerilla release announcement - Google Groups
Sawzall 1.0.1 guerilla release announcement, Adrian Colley, 15/07/14 14:48. I have released a version of Sawzall and given it the release ve
Bundestag committee claims Ireland has no plan for growth
German MPs emphasise troubling lack of concern over Dublin's ‘shadow bank’ sector
RiffTrax Live: "Manos" the Hands of Fate DVD | RiffTrax
Also available to Download / Stream as RiffTrax on Demand Master-approved, and now avaiable on DVD! Ever since RiffTrax Live: “Manos” the Ha
Independent booksellers bolstered in fight against Amazon
My Independent Bookshop is a new social network and online retail site, with some profits going to independent stores
A free and open world depends on a free and open web. | Google
A free and open world depends on a free and open Internet. Governments alone, working behind closed doors, should not direct its future. The