No, it isn't. Generic solutions are dead. Soulless theming and quick skinning are dead. Our solutions have to be better and smarter. Less templates, frameworks and trends and more storytelling, personality and character. Users strive for good stories and good photography; they appeal for good visuals and interesting layouts; they can't wait for distinctive and remarkably delightful user experiences. And that should be exactly our strategy to create websites that stand out.
There are way too many badly designed experiences out there, and there is so much work for us to be done. Proclaiming our craft to be dead is counter-productive, because we showed to ourselves and everybody out there what we are capable of. Last fifteen years of web design were nothing but outstanding in innovation and experimentation. And it's not about to stop, it's just not who we are.
If we can't produce anything but generic work, other creatives will. The web has to get better, and it's our job to make it better. Nobody said that it's supposed to be easy though; if we don't adapt our practices and techniques, we'll have to give way to people who can get it done better than we do—but web design itself isn't going anywhere any time soon.
- ZOHO CorporationUI Designer, 2013 - presentHere I am an User Interface designer in a team called ZOHO Gadgets, my focus will be more on converting few ZOHO products in to mobile application.
- Crayon'dCreative Designer, 2012 - 2013I was a part of a startup called Crayon’d their key verticals are Mobile, Web and SEO. Here Design plays a major role like Creating UI and Infographics. Official Site: http://crayond.com/
- WebSide@VirrtuoWeb Designer/Developer, 2011 - 2012I started my career as an intern in a startup called WebSide, it's a startup with loads of Creativity that truly transpires and technical prowess that really perform the good, WebSide, a fully digital marketing company, can help you out outperform and outclass your competitor. Not just with full range of our service, but with the deeper analogy to make sure that your brand reaches out to millions. My first blog in WebSide: http://goo.gl/KOruA Official Website: http://www.webside.co.in/
I’m a design enthusiast who is fuelled by curiosity and passion for design, technology and life. Most of my skills are self-taught and all that I had learned is been extramural; outside the walls.
My ideology: I really don’t know the difference between a good or bad design because I have never been biased on any idea, how the idea can go wrong? an idea can be spoiled only when it’s not presented well, so it's just a point of view. I just take whatever comes in my way.
Career: I started my design career as an intern in a Chennai based startup called WebSide, over a period of time I have slowly progressed and made myself strong to face design challenges.
Other interests: Now comes my other facets, I’m also a Short filmmaker, Actor, Linguist, Instagrammer and Retro lover. From my childhood, I was always been fond of movies and acting, that’s what droved me to become an actor.
My attitude: If you ask me why do you arrogate yourself as something big, then my answer would be: Why should we belittle ourselves?. Life is so short so live the way you want. Don’t let others decide your fortune.
Thanks for watching out my profile!
- Anna UniversityECE, 2008 - 2011
- Hindu Higher Secondary School
Simply Aditya and nothing else: Follow your dreams
Follow your dreams. Hello Everybody. I'm here to share my thoughts with you people, I've seen some of my friends and well wishers do