It seems that there are people out there who don't know/remember how Jaiku's channels worked.
16 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 5 previous comments
- this is not the proper place for that question. also please send feedback, should work better.
afaik, it can take a while till everything gets synced up and you get the proper behaviour.Apr 22, 2012
- thanks.Even feedback button has a problem.i will exemplify that.i want to travel from Point A to C, and I want to take a nap at point B,then the design of our road network will not allow that, coz I need to come back to point A to do that.this is exactly how the feedback button works.Apr 22, 2012
- I never used Jaiku, but I just wanted to chip in and say that I would love it if Google+ emulated this to some degree. I think I would post more diversely if I knew that the people who have circled me could filter out particular topics.
I specifically describe it in terms of "opting out" because I wouldn't want to miss new topics, or posts of a general nature, from the people I've circled. I've circled them because I'm interested in what they post, so I think the default should be to see all their posts.Apr 22, 2012
- Yep, this was a great way of separating streams. The only problem I occasionally hit was that if a channel didn't exist it didn't change whether a hashtag went to a 'channel' or not... it went to a non-existent channel instead. So a message like "#Goodbye Jaiku" (a hashtag required by one of the backup services) went to a #goodbye channel, and didn't get picked up by their backup script easily.
It would certainly be nice to be able to have 'multiple streams' in but it's going to be a tricky thing to implement with the same hashtag notation without a lot of confusion. Maybe a slightly different character, or a double character? like ##Channel or #!Channel.
It would also be nice if people could see what channels you post to and opt-in to just your posts for that channel, without having to opt-in to the whole channel... if I post about a conference some people might be interested in what I'm doing, but wouldn't care what others are doing at the same conference.Apr 22, 2012
- Anyway...what conversation(s) made this clarification necessary? #intrigued :o)Apr 22, 2012
- This was the conversation: https://plus.google.com/105037104815911535953/posts/5MTmcCcpa8uApr 22, 2012