Bloggers turning up and demanding £100 of goods in exchange for a review? So much for the democratisation of media…
A horrible truth: vertical video is edging towards the norm.
- Queen Mary, LondonEnglish Literature, 1990 - 1993
- Imperial College LondonPhysics, 1989 - 1990
- Dollar Academy1981 - 1989
- One Man & His BlogDigital publishing consultant, 2012 - present
- Reed Business InformationEditorial Development Manager, 2010 - 2011
- Reed Business InformationHead of Blog Development, 2006 - 2010
- Estates GazetteFeatures Editor, 2004 - 2006
- One Man & His Blog (current)
- The Rest of My Life (current)
- Shoreham Life (current)
- I Wear a Blog Now (current)
- iPad Living (current)
- Leafshine: Lust for Flower (current)
- onemanandhisblog.com (current)
- vimeo.com (current)
- Medium (current)
- NEXT Berlin (current)
- Adam Tinworth (current)
- Roaming Originals (current)
- SCC Deptford (current)
- Shattered Ravens (current)
- Events in Progress (current)
Reports of Google+'s death have been greatly exaggerated
Is Google+ dead? If it is, the new features announced in the last week seem like a strange use of resources…
Claire Enders, Schrödinger's Cat and the death of local newspapers
Claire Enders' predictions about local newspapers have not come true. That doesn't mean that they were useless, though…
Automattic & a student journalist sue PR for DCMA takedown damages
Automattic, the WordPress company, are teaming with a student journalist to sue a press officer for an unwarranted DCMA take-down
Journalistic liveblogging analysed: a Polis report
Karin O'Mahony has dug deep into the emergent form of liveblogging to better understand its contribution to modern reporting.
Native advertising: good for publishers, terrible for brands?
Is native advertising the future? Or is it tricking brands into paying for something that's not actually doing them any good at all?
The fundamental difference between Apple and Google
What's the difference in the way Apple and Google see cloud computing?