Start a hangout
227 followers|15,919 views
Works at Entertainment Media Partners
Attended Yale University
Lived in Los Angeles
227 followers|15,919 views
Producer, filmmaker, media navigator, biz strategist, publisher @CulturalWeekly, proudly #ArtsDistrict #DTLA, author, teacher, really good cook.
- Entertainment Media PartnersCEO, 2014 - presentWe work closely with prestige media companies and creative entrepreneurs to successfully navigate Hollywood’s talent, financing and distribution systems. Our goal is to give you exceptional creative and financial returns, and maximize the value and visibility of your entertainment content. We provide informed guidance, dealmaking intelligence and relevant connections so you can access Hollywood expertise, the US marketplace and audiences worldwide. We continually test the marketplace for what content has the highest potential for success, and help you weigh your prospects strategically. With audiences adopting new ways to access entertainment, we help you explore new opportunities to create and distribute your content. We serve prestige media companies and creative entrepreneurs globally, and have specific expertise in aiding not-for-profit corporations explore how to enter into, and profit, from entertainment media. In a field dominated by frequent conflicts of interest, we are a neutral player with your success as our sole focus. We only win when you win. We deliver: Quality results Evidence-based assessments so you can prioritize your time and financial resources Dealmaking that benefits all parties Relationships that will advance your continuing business success Decades of expertise to support your entertainment media enterprise
- Cultural WeeklyPublisher and Managing Editor, 2011 - presentCultural Weekly explores how our creative culture intersects media, money, technology and entertainment.
- "Inside Track for Independent Filmmakers"Author, 2014 - presenthe subtitle of my book is: 'Get Your Movie Made, Get Your Movie Seen.' The second edition will premiere at the Sundance Film Festival 2015. Macmillan is the publisher. I wrote this book to answer the questions indie filmmakers ask the most, and to provide insider information to level the playing field so they have a better chance to accomplish their dreams.
- "Filmmaking in Action"Co-Author, 2014 - present"Filmmaking in Action: Your Guide to the Skills and Craft" is designed to be the definitive university textbook on the filmmaking process. It has the support and input of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, Directors Guild, Producers Guild, Writers Guild, American Society of Cinematographers, Editors Guild and many other professional associations and exceptional people who make the movies we love, all of whom are passionate about sharing knowledge with the next generation of filmmakers. I've written it with Barry Weiss and Michael Goldman, and Macmillan will publish it in July, 2015.
- Dodge College of Film and Media ArtsAdjunct Professor, 2014 - presentFilm Marketing and Distribution, graduate and undergraduate
- Haas School of BusinessLecturer, 2014 - presentReal-world communications and presentation skills for the Executive Education and MBA Programs
- National Geographic FilmsPresident, 2003 - 2010
- Terra Bella EntertainmentPresident, 1999 - 2003
- PolyGram/InterscopeProducer, 1993 - 1988
- The Walt Disney CompanySr. Vice President, 1987 - 1993
- Los Angeles Theatre CenterProducer/Dramaturg, 1979 - 1986
Los Angeles - New York - Rome - New Haven
Empowering leaders to innovate success
Adam Leipzig has served in leadership positions of internationally prominent media companies, and guided dozens more as an independent adviser. He is the former President of National Geographic Films, where he raised $125 million in production financing, and is a former Senior Vice President at Walt Disney Studios. Adam has been involved as a producer, distributor or supervising executive on more than 25 films that have disrupted expectations, including March of the Penguins, Honey I Shrunk the Kids, and Dead Poets Society. His movies have produced over $2 billion in revenue with less than $300 million in production investment. He has twice been responsible for the “most profitable film of the year” and his films have won or been nominated for 10 Academy Awards, 11 BAFTA Awards, 2 Golden Globes, 2 Emmys, 2 Directors Guild Awards, 4 Sundance Awards and 4 Independent Spirit Awards.
- Yale UniversityLiterature, 1975 - 1979