Sonos vs. Vizio and the conundrum of Blu-ray & DTS audio
I have tended to be really frugal about gadget purchases, but decided I’d like to have a more “social” house, movie nights and all, and so bought myself a Samsung 55” TV, model 7050 (similar to model 7100).
Then I thought... hmm, I need decent sound to go with that! It seems my friends love +Sonos
stuff, but I’m concerned about Sonos’ inability to decode DTS audio; given that all my blu-ray DVDs have DTS-encoded audio, this seems like a problem that seriously damages the value of the playbar, no?
So then I was looking at the new #Vizio
5.1 home theater packages, since I don’t want to drape speaker wire across my living room. Yes, the Vizio combo is a tiny fraction of the cost of a #Sonos
5.1 system, but I’m even more conflicted because Vizio actually supports DTS!
So my question to you is: if you were in my shoes -- wanting to fill a living room with streaming music 60% of the time and movies (via Bluray, Netflix, Amazon, and Google Play) the other 40% of the time -- would you be leaning towards the Sonos, the Vizio, or something else?
For the purposes of this discussion, let’s assume that the major drivers are quality & convenience, not cost... though don’t be recommendin’ $5K solutions :D.
Thanks in advance for your advice! :-)
P.S. -- I have
read dozens of reviews and threads in various blogs and forums already, so yes, I've been doing my research! #HomeTheater