Why is this app $40?? (Don't say it's because it's on OS X because you hate OS X. I'm legitimately asking, because it seems like it doesn't do much and I really want to know why.)
no plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 10 previous comments
- it's true!
although... in their defense, at least os x ships with a c compiler, so you can still install pretty much anything you want. most of the time, the mac store sucks anyway - their game selection isn't any good, and some of my favorite power apps are (textmate!) are still indie. of course android does, too (yay linux!) but i could never comprehend why windows would restrict building from source to VB developers and cygwin users, if you don't mind the tangent.
be well! cool shyguy!Jan 22, 2013
- thanks for the info, its awesome when you learn new stuff. :)Jan 22, 2013
- calling myself on my own bullshit here
mac os x doesn't ship with a c compiler anymore!
since mountain lion, llvm is only available with the command line tools plugin for xcode.
pardon, messieurs et mademoisellesJan 22, 2013
- hey, at least it sounded good.Jan 22, 2013
- it did. that's apple gets ya! with their wiles
the mac app store and the windows 8 store both suck!
neither os ships with compilers!
abort! abort! back to linux!Jan 22, 2013
- Yeah I am not sure what MS was thinking with the ARM surface - I have one and the Win8 experience is great I just wish I wasn't limited to the MS app store which has mostly crap. I still like it better than my iPad for actually being able to do stuff other than play games and watch Netflix...Jan 22, 2013