Profile cover photo
Profile photo
Study and Work in United States
Study and Work in United States
Study and Work in United States

Communities and Collections
View all

Post has attachment
How to Save Money in Your Education in United States?

The two most important options that an international student who plan to study at American university or college are:

(1) Search universities in the South regions and Midwest of the U.S.; and
(2) If studying at any of the universities in those regions still looks expensive for you, then, consider getting your education at a “community college” for the first two years. Make sure that you can transfer your course credits to a four-year university under a “transfer agreement” so that you can get your Bachelor’s degree from that four-year university.

You may be eligible for a scholarship to reduce your education (tuition, fees, food, boarding, and other living expenses. Check if you can get a scholarship when you apply to any university so that the university indicates the amount in I-20 that enables you to get your F-1 Student visa.

You may apply for financial aid and student loan to finance your costs. However, please keep in mind that you cannot get financial aid in the first year.

Check the activities of the EducationUSA in your country to find out your options.
Add a comment...

Post has attachment
When Does an International Student Need F-1 Visa?
We are a language translation agency and certify our English translations for
American universities, colleges, and foreign credential evaluation services. We receive questions from students abroad whether they can come to the United States with tourist visa, student F-1 visa or J-1 visa.

Although we do not have the authority to give such an advice, however, we refer them to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) website to get the right information.

While foreign students may come with tourist visa just to see the campuses and college environment they need F-1 visa to start studying at any American educational institution.

Here are the cases where you definitely need F-1 Student visa:

First, F-1 visa is a nonimmigrant visa status for students who are eligible to enroll in academic programs. You need to return your home country after getting your degree unless you are authorized to work in the United States.
You need student F-1 visa if you need: Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree, doctorate, professional degree or community/junior college degree which is associates degree. religious seminaries, fine art conservatories, high schools (grades 9 to 12), private elementary and middle/intermediary and middle schools (grades K-8), or language schools and language training schools also require F-1 student visa.
Add a comment...

Post has attachment
Efficient Way to Apply to American Universities and Colleges

As a translation agency, we receive quite a number of questions regarding application to colleges in the United States. Many international students who want to study in the U.S. find the process complicated. In fact, it is very simple.

Here are the steps:

(1) Decide on the universities and colleges to which you will apply. You may target 7-10 universities after making your research. Please note that many universities charge an application fee (around $100). So, you need to budget such cost.

(2) Make a plan to finance your education in the U.S. Your family, you government agencies, and other personal financing must be sufficient to cover your college and living costs (meals, housing, etc.) And, you must obtain a health insurance. You need to show the amounts of scholarship and financial aid that you will receive if your application is accepted by an American organization.

(3) Make your application. Many universities use standard application form that you can fill out and forward electronically.

(4) Once you are accepted by one of the universities, then, you will receive I-20 from the college and take it with you to the Consulate Office of the U.S. Embassy in your country together with your other documents requested by the Consulate Office to get your student (F-1)visa.

(5) Get ready and take your ticket to the USA.

Check the EducationUSA website for more detailed information.

Good luck!
Your 5 Steps to U.S. Study
Your 5 Steps to U.S. Study
Add a comment...

Post has attachment
How to Find American Universities That Require Lower TOEFL scores?

When you plan to study in the United States, the first requirement is to take your Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). The university to which you will apply must make sure that you will understand the course materials, verbally and in writing.

Is there a minimum TOEFL score applicable to all American universities? The answer is: No!

Universities in the U.S. have different minimum TOEFL scores. Only TOEFL is computer-based in contrast to others such as IELTS, SAT and ACT.

Please note that the internet-based TOEFL is more common than paper-based TOEFL PBT.

Here is a short list of minimum TOEFL scores required by some U.S. universities:

Northeastern 79-80 550
UCLA 87 560
Penn State 90 550
Boston University 95 550-600
American University 100 600
Harvard 100 600

Source: PrepScholar
Add a comment...

Post has attachment
American universities providing the highest amount of financial aid for international students

According the most recent article by U.S. News, during the 2015-2016 school year, the number of international students at U.S. colleges and universities topped 1 million for the first time, rising about 7 percent from the previous year, according to the Institute of International Education's annual Open Doors report as reported by U.S. News.

Following universities provided the highest average aid provided by the universities during 2016-2017 period.

School name (state) Average aid awarded to international undergraduates
University of Chicago $62,763
Columbia University (NY) $62,004
Skidmore College (NY) $60,975
Williams College (MA) $60,944
Trinity College (CT) $60,869
Harvard University (MA) $60,687
Stanford University (CA) $60,570
Amherst College (MA) $59,164
Wesleyan University (CT) $58,920
Yale University (CT) $58,864

These universities are among the most popular universities in the United States. You may also want to check the ranking of more than 1,800 universities at "U.S. News College Compass" from the same website.
Add a comment...

Post has attachment
International students: Benefit from “free” information directly from official agencies!

As an international student who wants to study in the United States, it is critical to gather information from the right sources. The U.S Consulate Office of the American Embassy in your country is the most important one. First, they organize meetings and discussion on applying to American universities and colleges. They also arrange webinars that you can watch and participate at the comfort of your home.

Remember that the consulate office is the place where you will apply and have an interview to get your student F-1 visa. Getting to know the officials there will make your application process much easier.

Here’s the list of programs that were planned just for one single day of December 5, 2017:

• Bangladesh: First event: A group advising session on U.S. university application process for the graduate students. Second event on the same day: University basic application process for U.S. universities.
• Chile: Applying to undergraduate and intensive English programs.
• India: Funding (financial aid) for graduate studies.
• Saudi Arabia: International student admission Webinar.

Again, you can watch and participate in Webinars with your computer instantly.

How can you get more information on such events in your country and webinars? Here’s the link:
Add a comment...

Post has attachment
International Student Visa Interview is More Critically Important Now!

It is a fact that getting F-1 visa to study in the United States is more difficult than before. As an international student, you need to be proactive and creative to find the best approach to successfully get your F-1 visa. How?

• The Consular Officer at the U.S. Embassy interviewing you want to make sure that you will return to your native country after you complete your study in the U.S. So, you must emphasize your ties and engagements in your home country. Having a job offer or family business is good evidence.
• Your selection of study field gives clues about your future plans. More locally oriented study field will strengthen your emphasis that you will come back and work in your own country.
• Gather more documents to demonstrate your passion about studying in the U.S. Your homework on education in the U.S., relevance of your planned study field, how it relates to you career in your native country will definitely help. Visit EducationUSA website to get additional tips.
• Show that your command of English is sufficient to follow the courses at the American university or college.
• Your enthusiasm, passion, and knowledge about what you will be doing once you arrive in the U.S. will play an important role in the eyes of the interviewing Consulate officer. Do your best!

Good luck!
Add a comment...

Post has attachment
Tips for the First Year for International Students

As an international student, taking entry-level courses is important especially in the first year of your education in the United States. You start with good GPA and gain confidence in your studies in the following terms. More importantly, do not take easy courses for the sake of improving your GPA. Stay away from literature and art classes if your command of the English language is not well yet.

Start taking courses that are major courses in your program. They may be full or not available toward the end of your education. Cooperate with your academic adviser for your course priorities as well. Some courses need to be taken in such a way that you can make smooth transition from one major course to another.

Some courses are offered once a year, generally in fall semester. Avoid waiting for one year, by making your selection in a timely manner. Timing is critically important if you want to avoid any delay in getting your degree.

Take a serious look at the elective courses for flexibility in your program. Many elective courses count as major courses and meet your real objectives in better specialization in the future if you wish to pursue higher degrees or changes in your career.

If you are a successful student, consider participating in “honor” programs. You can take courses specially designed for this program. You get a chance to register earlier than other students. So, you have more choices to select courses that you want, and also do not face a situation where some courses are full and not available.

Remember: You are an international student and must keep your full-time student status. This requires at least 12 credit hours per semester. You may not take summer session that normally takes about a couple of months.

Good luck!
Add a comment...

Post has attachment
Can Students come to the United States with Visitor (B) Visa?

If you plan to stay in the United States for a short period of time for recreational course, you may come to the U.S. with a Visitor (B) visa. You cannot get credit or academic certificate.

Many high school graduates from different countries come to the U.S. with B visa just to get the feeling of the university campuses, and see the cities/towns where the university or college is located in different states.

On the other hand, if you plan to get your Bachelor’s degree or PhD from American universities, then, you need to have F-1 Student visa. Such requirement applies to distance learning at U.S. campus and other academic studies even if it is for a short period of time.

You need M-1 visa if you want to get vocational or other recognized nonacademic institution, other than a language training program.

Source: U.S. Visas of the U.S. Department of State
Student Visa
Student Visa
Add a comment...

Post has attachment
International Students Enjoy Living with Hosting American Families

The number of international students who study in the United States reached one million. About 15 percent of the students preferred to stay with American families to expand their experience and get a good command of English as soon as possible.

Some universities ask international students to live on campus during the first year. After that, the student can choose to live with an American family. Many hosting families have children at ages similar to those international students they host.

Host family provides separate room, bed, and furniture and the student shares the amenities (bathroom, kitchen, etc.) with the American family. Most families introduce the foreign (sometimes called “exchange”) student to their neighbors who have children around the age of the international students. So, the international student lives the American life in his/her spare time by joining sporting and entertainment activities with others.

Staying with an American family is a life-changing experience for international students. And, it also means lower living expenses, that is, accommodations and food. Families have an honest desire to make their student “part of the family” to the best of their abilities.

Hosting family enjoy the multicultural experience and makes reasonable extra income by hosting international students. In short, everybody benefits such "home stay" experience. There are many families listed on the Internet where the foreign student can get detailed information before choosing one. Homestay California is one of them. We do not have any affiliation with any of these hosting services. Please make your own choice by examining each of these services.

Take advantage of this opportunity to create great memories and bond through shared experiences with an American family.
Add a comment...
Wait while more posts are being loaded