12 Amazing & Interesting facts about Lamborghini:
1) Lamborghini is a super car company that has been named after its founder Ferruccio Lamborghini. Ferruccio Lamborghini founded the company when he was 47 years old.
2) Ferruccio was the supervisor of the vehicle maintenance unit in the Italian Air Force during the period of the Second World War.
3) The headquarters of Lamborghini is located at a small town in Italy called Sant’Agata Bolognese near Bologna.
4) The charging golden bull on a black background is the logo of the car company and it represents the Taurus, the sun sign of Ferruccio.
5) Ferrucio owned a Ferrari 250GTS that had a constant nagging clutch problem which frustrated him to the extent of making him think of manufacturing a perfect car for himself with no problems at all.
6) The first Lamborghini, prototype 350GTV, was unveiled during the Turin Motor Show held in 1963.
7) Most of the Lamborghini models had a V12 engine except for the Gallardo, which has a V10 engine.
8.) Lamborghini not only produces cars but also has a whole range of off-beat products such as perfumes, high-heels female shoes and ASUS Lamborghini notebook computers to name a few which serves as a merchandiser for the company.
9) It was in the year 2007 that the company sold the most number of cars, it sold around 2,580 cars.
10) Having a top speed of 370 kilometre per hour, Le Mans version of the Murcielago R-GT model is the fastest car from Lamborghini. With an estimated top speed of 340 km/h, Murcielago LP640 tops the list of the fastest street car models. Both these models are equipped with a V12 engine which has more than 6000 cc.
11) Murcielago is currently the only model with scissor doors that rotate up and forward on a hinge near the front of the door. The Countach and the Diablo are the other two models, which had scissor doors, but they are not in production anymore.
12) Once an independent company, it is now a subsidiary of the German company Audi AG, which is by itself a subsidiary of Volkswagen Group. #lamborghini #facts