- YoGrow.com (current)
- Keyrenter Property Management - Corp (current)
- We Buy Homes Utah (current)
- Sold By Design (current)
- Keyrenter Salt Lake City (current)
- TheMarshall Real Estate (current)
- Keyrenter Provo (current)
- Keyrenter Layton (current)
- Keyrenter Real Estate (current)
- Keyrenter Franchise (current)
- Commissions in Advance (current)
- mgemail.com (current)
- Personal Real Estate Investor Magazine (current)
- Keyrenter St. George (current)
- Hiban Digital Podcasts (past)
- Rental Income Podcasts (past)
- Keyrenter Chicago North (current)
- Keyrenter Denver Property Management (current)
- Keyrenter Austin Property Management (current)
Real estate is my life. Next to family, I think it’s the best single investment a person can make. I caught the bug taking my first real estate class in college. Admittedly, getting started was a struggle but it was one well worth the effort.
My passion is helping people prepare for their financial future through real estate investment. Some people are struggling to save their credit. Some are trying to purchase their first home. Others are trying to build their wealth. Whichever situation you are in, I want to help.
It is my belief that every success in life is dependent on building long lasting positive relationships. Each requires maintenance and should be built with the utmost integrity and care. It’s just as important in business as it is in personal relationships. For me, nothing compares to family. They are my source of inspiration and motivation.
My beautiful wife, Andrea, provides a loving sanctuary for me and our three children. Beyond everything she does as a homemaker, she has a great eye for decorating and staging homes. Her business, Sold By Design, stages homes for quick sale. I can personally attest to her effectiveness in business and at home.
Without the hard work, it would be impossible for us to travel. Getting away to spend quality time with the wife and kids is what I live for. We love to travel abroad. A recent trip to China was an amazing experience for all of us. I think travel is a fun and wonderful way to teach kids about cultural diversity and tolerance. It’s my personal goal to travel abroad as much as possible with my family.
THE EVOLUTION OF BUSINESS
I have to preface my business story with the knowledge that it is only through the alignment of people that anyone has any success. All achievements are the result of cooperative effort. I just happen to know some pretty great people.
In September 2001 I obtained my Utah Real Estate Sales Agent license and went to work for a local broker that specialized in writing short sale and bank foreclosure offers. After writing over one hundred offers without success, I was discouraged but vowed not to give up.
In 2003 I moved my license to Remax. Instead of representing buyers, I switched my focus to sellers. This forced me to hone my marketing skills. I quickly found that managing, listing, and selling REO and bank foreclosure properties was my forte.
As the market declined and lending standards changed, it seemed natural that rental prices would rise and probably continue to do so. I set a personal goal to acquire residential income properties and developed We Buy Homes Utah to attract sellers. Since then the business evolved to help people save their credit and avoid foreclosure.
In 2005 I left Remax for Keller Williams. It was their reputation and high quality training program that attracted me. There I built my team, known as "The Marshall Group.” We began to flourish and over the next few years the team did very well.
As the housing market steadily declined, I worked as Losses Mitigation Logistical Specialist at Keller Williams. We worked very hard to help home owners avoid property foreclosure. Our team was voted Best of State in 2009.
In spite of a very difficult market, Group successfully closed 96% of the 243 homes they listed along the Wasatch Front, resulting in over $48 million in sales during 2009. Success tips and real estate investment advice was offered to the public in a radio talk show I hosted on KNRS between 2010 and 2012. "In the House With The Marshall." was a blast. I love radio. It's still the best media for individuals to share ideas and express independent views.
In 2010 The Wall Street Journal honored The Marshall Group with the Real Trends Top 100 Sales Associates Teams by Sides Award, ranked #98 nationally. In 2011 we received the Wall Street Journal award again for ranking #101 nationally.
The real estate market in Utah has done much better than most of the nation. For several years, agents and brokers were struggling to stay afloat. As a result, I founded Commission in Advance in 2007.
The purchase of investment properties facilitated my learning about residential property management. In 2007 my partner and I (Nate Tew) opened Premier Management of Utah. Working together we developed superior management and online marketing systems that reduced costs and increased the return on investment (ROI) for our clients. In 2011 we acquired Keyrenter Property Management, partially because we loved the name. We began focusing on marketing our brand, and by 2014 we were managing properties for over 350 clients along the Wasatch Front.
YoGrow emerged through the natural progression of marketing Keyrenter. After four years of testing and analysis of exact target marketing techniques, we developed strategies to create a continuous flow of quality leads and reduce the costs of property management. YoGrow Marketing now offers specialty services to other companies who are not direct competitors of Keyrenter. They include: website design, SEO to increase online traffic, brand enhancement using content marketing and social media platforms, reduction in cost per lead using PPC ad campaigns, and generation of leads to increase assets and grow your business.
By 2014 Keyrenter had become the model for effective and efficient residential property management. Aggressive advertising and innovative online marketing techniques, combined with proactive management systems, advanced technology, automated systems and proven investment strategies have changed the game of residential property management, making Keyrenter a leader in the industry. Superior customer service and Giving back is also a contributing factor to our success and big part of our culture at Keyrenter.
Keyrenter Franchise publicly announced that aggressive expansion plans have begun and include the sale of 15 franchises by the end of the year 2014. Franchise Disclosure Documents have been filed in most states and Keyrenter is actively seeking like minded Franchisees to train and support. With an emphasis on technology, time management and increased profits, innovative systems developed by Keyrenter Property Management create competitive advantages for new franchise owners. We are proud members of the IFA and VetFran which offers business assistance and discounts to veterans.
- Keyrenter Franchise LLCOwner / CEO, 2014 - presentSelling and supporting Keyrenter Residential Property Management Franchises in all states except ND, SD, HI, and RI. Our innovative business model utilizes automation, technology and online marketing strategies to generate recurring monthly revenue and a continuous stream of property owner and tenant leads. Keyrenter provides training, support and marketing assistance every step of the way. We currently have 11 franchises and plan to have 20 doors open by the end of 2016.
- The Marshall Real EstateOwner / Broker, 2001 - presentBuying, selling and marketing residential properties in Salt Lake, Utah, Davis and Weber Counties is our primary goal. We work to meet the real estate goals of all clients, whether they are buying their first home or building a large investment portfolio. Visit my website http://themarshall.com or call 801-566-9500.
- Keyrenter Property ManagementCo-owner / CEO, 2007 - presentThe daily management and operations of Keyrenter are handled by my partner. My primary interest is in growing the business, acquiring properties and creating systems. I constantly strive to create a strong online presence and develop aggressive advertising methods that attract property owners and tenants. Reducing costs and improving the website to enhance the users’ online experience is also important. I like to look at the internet systems we have in place as one big marketing machine that creates a never-ending source of high quality leads. Visit our website http://keyrenterslc.com or call 801-783-1300.
- YoGrow MarketingCo-owner / CEO, 2012 - presentAt YoGrow Marketing my focus is on research and development of specialty services offered to property management companies. They include: web design and optimization, brand awareness, SEO, PPC, content writing, blogging, videos, setup and design of social media platforms, reputation management, etc. Ultimately we focus on enhancing your online presence and getting your company noticed locally. For more information visit our website http://yogrow.com or call me at 801-997-8200.
- We Buy Homes UtahOwner / Manager, 2005 - presentI purchase homes quickly without a fuss. Generally I can make an offer for a home within 72 hours. The business and website were developed to help people save their credit and avoid foreclosure. We specialize in REO, pre-foreclosure and short sale properties. For more information visit at http://webuyhomesutah.com or call: 801-280-7355.
- Commission In AdvanceOwner / Manager, 2007 - presentI lend money to real estate agents and brokers against verified commission. For information, visit my website for details http://www.commissioninadvance.com or call 801-316-1595.
PLEASE BE MY GUEST and visit us in Booth #532. To claim your free VIP Guest Pass, use PROMO CODE: KEY and register at https://secure.events-registration.com/wcfe2014/?source=KEY