Start a hangout
149 followers|381,076 views
Worked at Alamo City Golf Trail
Attended University of the Incarnate Word
Lives in San Antonio, Texas
149 followers|381,076 views
The best things in life are free. Consider all the free things that you enjoy for a moment; air, water, sight, life, language, etc. How nice it is to breath fresh air, to feel it blow across your face. To see the leaves melodically sway in the breeze. To taste a clear glass of water. To be alive with a language you can communicate with.
The best things in life are free. Consider all the free things that you enjoy for a moment; air, water, sight, life, language, etc. How nice it is to breath fresh air, to feel it blow across your face. To see the leaves melodically sway in the breeze. To taste a clear glass of water. To be alive with a language you can communicate with. Price, is an invention. It's a way to regulate how much one man does for another. It's not natural...
Don't like to write? Blogging will help you become a better writer and make the process more enjoyable.
I started blogging in April of 2011. At the time, I had a hard time writing anything! I would stare at the blinking cursor, type a word or two and erase it. I thought that I had nothing to say. Four years of blogging taught me that the truth is quite the opposite. As many of you know, writing is a requirement in school. When I was in school, I felt that there was no assignment more laborious than writing an essay. I couldn't write an...
Just because your using a Mac doesn't mean you can take a snooze on security. I am currently rethinking what security steps I should be taken while using my Mac.
No you can't just take photos from Google and use them in your blog or marketing campaign - that's copyright infringement. But, there's good news, there are a list of free sites that allow you to use their photos, royalty free!
Not all of us know this, but you can't just take photos from Google and use them in a website or marketing campaign – it's illegal. For those who already knew that you'd be surprised by how many don't. Photos, like other creative works, are copyrighted by their creator the moment they are created. The intellectual property rights belong to the creator unless willfully surrendered. Some photographers have taken steps to ensure their ...
When was the last time you looked at your followers on Twitter? I'll make a guess that they're mostly bots. And that when you tweet you only get likes from people thousands of followers trying to tempt you into following too.
Over the past few months, I've come to the realization that we are literally talking to ourselves on Facebook and Twitter. The days when all of your posts were seen by everyone in a live feed – are over. Now there are nifty algorithms that quietly pigeonhole your posts when you blurt out too much in one day. Have you taken a look at your Twitter followers lately? They're mostly bots! And you thought your tweets were that awesome. May...
Want a blue Twitter verification badge? Who doesn't. Twitter is building a social caste system, where only a select few are heard.
Sometimes you can't help craving the blue badge of honor; the official sign of being verified on Twitter. That little blue badge is online gold. It is the online equivalent to knighthood; the difference between Sir Robin and Robin – the online peasant. If you don't have a blue badge by your name, what Twitter is really saying – you are no one. This is a social caste system. By definition you do not have the power to change your statu...
Most people access the internet through their mobile phone. The era of desktop websites is rapidly declining. Time to consider a mobile first design approach.
Let's face it, our readers prefer purchasing a new iPhone every other year than buying a computer. Computers are for nerds. There I said it. In 2015, designing a website for desktops and laptops when our readers will only view it on their iPhone is embarrassing to say the least. So, when are we going to start designing with the predominate mobile audience in mind? It's the dominating statistic: 61% of my website viewers are on mobile...
The Amazon Music app is giving away $25k in gift cards to a random streamer playing music from their app this week.
I've been a loyal iTunes user and now Apple Music subscriber, only deviating to Spotify for a short time. But, Amazon Music's 25k Sweepstakes is making the app irresistibly tempting. I may not win the sweepstakes, the chance to win is always worth a shot, but the real reason I'm interested in Amazon Music is cost. With Apple Music, I'm paying for a separate family subscription, but with Amazon Music it is included at no additional c...
Collections Aaron is following
video editing, photography, web design, domain management, app development, problem-solving, critical thinking, decision-making, coming up with new ideas
- Alamo City Golf TrailOnline Marketing Manager, 2014 - 2016▶ Create engaging product promotional, golf training and employee training videos▶ Publish the bi-weekly newsletter for the eyes of 37,000 golfers▶ Manage how the Alamo City Golf Trail is presented on Social Media and on the Web▶ Content creator, keeping our media outlets fresh
- KABB FOX 29 NewsProduction Assistant, 2014 - 2014RESPONSIBILITIES: Studio camera operation, lighting, teleprompter, assist in live remote productions and electronic field production/editing, non-linear AVID editing, shoot/edit news video when needed, perform pre-production duties for newscast when needed, set up and strike sets, build, repair, and paint props. Other duties assigned.
- Valero Alamo BowlDigital Media Coordinator, 2012 - 2013As the first to ever hold the position of Digital Media Coordinator at the Valero Alamo Bowl, I had the opportunity to operate as a self-starter. Selecting only the latest technology in hardware and software, I produced 40 videos, 20 of which are still accumulating 13,000+ views online and 5 of which were seen by 65,277 in the Alamodome.▶ Established the practices for Digital Media Coordinator position: hardware and software used, as well as, look and feel of video content.▶ Contributed to, Relive the Valero Alamo Bowl Experience, a marketing campaign that was taken to over 18 events and collected 900 photos and over 85,000 social media impressions. (See agarcia.tv/relive)▶ Edited the Valero Alamo Bowl Top 20 Plays as seen on MySA.com and in the Alamodome. (See agarcia.tv/top20)▶ Edited and published video content to social media for the Valero Alamo Bowl Street Team. (See agarcia.tv/street-team)
- University of the Incarnate WordMac Lab Assistant, 2009 - 2013▶ Gained the respect of students and faculty while serving a 21-computer lab, 10 hours a week for 8 semesters.▶ Helped students build portfolio websites with WordPress and even worked on projects after hours. (See agarcia.tv/neff-3d)
San Antonio, Texas
Video | Photography | Social Media | Web
A creative, passionate about all things digital and filled with a desire to share acquired knowledge with the world.
magna cum laude, dean's list 8 semesters straight, published poet, published photographer, own 6 domains, joined Google+ while in beta
- University of the Incarnate WordCommunication Arts, 2009 - 2013