I am so very tired...tired and angry
15 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 20 previous comments
- Zak does work to explain himself in that thread but in doing so still comes off very blunt and rude. Zak decides when the conversation ends without really saying as much then acts surprised when it continues, for example.
He also doesn't get how "Hope that works out for you." comes off as condescending?Aug 5, 2015
- I'm not sure i have anything anymore to contribute, or bother to have a discusssion bitching about how rude and abrasive someone is, a conversation I probably should not have even joined. Sorry everybody.Aug 5, 2015
- Like, it's cool that people like Zak. I used to think he was cool. But apparently we can't think he's cool and also admit his interactions appear callous at times and maybe that's part of why people don't like interacting with him?
He blocked me based on me saying this out loud once so the above applies to Zak himself, too.Aug 5, 2015
- I largely agree that I don't feel like rehashing the same old points of "Is Zak good or not?"
I like Zak and I find little wrong with his critical style. I see where he rubs people the wrong way, and I see where miscommunication happens. People feel personally attacked when its their position being critiqued, not their person. Its sucked when I experienced it in Academia and it sucks on the internet.
Largely I would prefer this kind of critical discussion to the bullshit like the anonymous responses sent to Kiel. Have an open discussion. Attach your name to it. Whatever the case, actually stand by your position if its important enough to bring it up to people on the internet.Aug 5, 2015
- but if you want to talk about communication styles, we can do that in another threadAug 5, 2015
- Alright.Aug 5, 2015
Add a comment...