1. Photographers can still purchase Lightroom WITHOUT subscribing to Creative Cloud. Same goes for professionals using Acrobat.
2. Anyone can still purchase CS6 versions of desktop products such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc. instead of Creative Cloud.
3. Creative Cloud offers both software & services, with the ability to activate on two machines your choice of Mac/PC or both.
4. If your Internet access becomes unavailable Creative Cloud software will still run (and it is installed locally).
You can read more information on the Creative Cloud FAQ:
Similar to the fact I drive a 22 year old vehicle to stay away from black boxes. Fear of Big Brother, perhaps.
I guess if I were to keep track, over the last 15+ years the most frequently asked question I've faced as been how to get web pages / blog posts to rank better. Here are 8 things you MUST do if you want to compete in search:
1) Use clear language descriptions for article titles. Things humans might type in to find the content you're publishing. Don't get all fancy with your titles to try and entice readership. Search Engines are dumb. KISS.
2) Break long articles up with HEADINGS and images. I mean you need to use correct H2 and H3 elements for nesting within your document. If you don't know what I'm talking about: http://htmlhelp.com/reference/html40/block/h2.html
3) Rename images to actual english descriptive words separated by dashes. So, "hot-chick-in-a-bikini.jpg" instead of "CO11753.jpg"
4) Use the alt text for descriptions of all images, and Title element for all hyperlinks. These are legal ways to increase the keyword density of a page – but make sure you aren’t cheating!
5) Optimize image sizes. Google will penalize you for having huge bloated images. Try and keep your images in the 50kb - 100kb range if at all possible. If not, provide lower quality or smaller sized images on the main page and link to higher res ones.
6) Write unique and authoritative content. Regurgitating the top stories of the day, when everyone else is doing the same thing, isn't going to get you anywhere. Instead of spreading the news - create it!
7) Eliminate useless scripts and crap on your site. If you have all sorts of ads, scripts, counters and other junk on your site - trash it! You need to cut your page loading time in HALF if you want better rankings.
8) Get a decent web host. You can see who we recommend at the bottom of any of our websites, but get yourself a REAL host. Google penalizes you for being on cheap, shitty hosting.
That's not all you need to do, but consider these the table stakes. If you aren't doing all of that at a minimum, don't even bother trying to compete with me for traffic. It's like bringing a knife to a gunfight.
- Adobe SystemsSolutions Consultant, present
It’s Guest Blog Wednesday featuring Tim Tadder! | Scott Kelby's Photosho...
Thank you, Scott and Brad for providing this opportunity to share my work and some thoughts. It's amazing to have a chance to share with thi
WordPress PLUGIN: Enable REL= and Other HTML in Author’s Field (for Goog...
Tweet Share Google is beginning to roll out the ability to have your Google Profile linked to search results. This is an awesome new feature
It’s Guest Blog Wednesday featuring David Bergman! | Scott Kelby's Photo...
I'm honored to be back here for a second time as Scott's guest blogger. Like my last post, I'm going to share some non-technical thoughts be
It’s Guest Blog Wednesday featuring Nicole S. Young! | Scott Kelby's Pho...
Image © dav.d - daviddanielsphotography.com. I've been reading Scott's blog for quite a while, and a few years back would never believe that
Why I’m asking For Help – The Photoshop Evangelist Competition | TipSqui...
Hello, Eric here. Just a little reminder to vote and a little bit on why I need your vote. It’s true that the prize on offer for this com
Announcing the “Google+ Photographer’s Conference” | Scott Kelby's Phot...
Posted by Scott Kelby. Editor and Publisher of Photoshop User Magazine, training director and instructor for the Adobe Photoshop Seminar Tou
Lightroom 4.1 Now Available on Adobe Labs « Julieanne Kost's Blog
Indepth tutorials, training, techniques and shortcuts for working with Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom.
Photos from Photoshop World Washington DC | Scott Kelby's Photoshop Insider
Hey everyone, Brad here with a quick update from Photoshop World Washington DC! Just wanted to share a few shots from the event so far. More
What a kick-butt week!!! :-) | Scott Kelby's Photoshop Insider
Hi Gang, and greetings from Atlanta's Hartfield/Jackson Int'l Airport where I'm between flights on my way back from one of, if n
The Most Epic Collection of Photography Links (Since Last Week)
It's been an action-packed week in the world of photography, and Toad Hollow Photography has been busy compiling a list of the best link