* Reducing story load time from disk cache from 35ms to 4ms (per story)
* Transient memory allocations are reduced by 75 percent,
* Cold start time is improved by 10-15 percent.
* Storage size reduced by 15 percent.
See: https://googlechrome.github.io/samples/app-install-banner/related-applications/index.html and http://updates.html5rocks.com/2015/03/increasing-engagement-with-app-install-banners-in-chrome-for-android
The team has been working on addressing this; here are some cases that have recently been improved on trunk:
Before: Renderers for background tabs had the same priority as for foreground tabs.
Now: Renderers for background tabs get a lower priority, reducing idle wakeups on various perf test, in some cases by significant amounts (e.g. 50% on one test).
Before: On a Google search results page, using Safari's user agent to get the same content that Safari would, Chrome incurs ~390 wakes over 30s and 0.3% CPU usage vs. Safari’s 120 wakes over 30s and 0.1% CPU usage.
Now: 66% reduction in both timer firings and CPU use. Chrome is now incurring ~120 wakes over 30s and 0.1% CPU use, on par with Safari.
Before: On capitalone.com, Chromium incurs ~1010 wakeups over 30s vs. Safari's ~490 wakes.
Now: ~30% reduction in timer firings. Chrome is now incurring ~721 wakeups over 30s.
Before: On amazon.com, Chromium incurs 768 wakups over 30s and consumes ~0.7% CPU vs. Safari's 312 wakes over 30s and ~0.1% CPU.
Now: ~59% reduction in timer firings and ~70% reduction in CPU use. Chrome is now incurring ~316 wakeups over 30s, and 0.2% CPU use, on par with Safari at 312 wakes, and 0.1% CPU use.
The Chrome team has no intention of sitting idly by (pun intended) when our users are suffering. You should expect us to continually improve in this area.
- Buzzshift, LLC.Manager, Web Development, 2014 - presentCreating websites and web applications for clients and the company.
- Buzzshift, LLC.Web Application Developer, 2013 - 2014
- Buzzshift, LLC.UX Developer Intern, 2013 - 2013
- The University of Texas at Dallas Arts and TechnologyWeb Designer/Developer, 2012 - 2013I developed WordPress and custom PHP sites for the Leonardo Initiatives at The University of Texas at Dallas.
- The University of Texas at Dallas Office of AdministrationWeb Design Intern, 2011 - 2012Developing the custom PHP website for the Office of Administration, as well as making web tools that were needed by the office.
- University of Texas at DallasEmerging Media and Communications, 2010 - 2013
Where is config/application.js in Sails 0.9x? - Google Groups
MHK, 7/21/13 8:19 AM. Can't find config/application.js file in the boiletplate/generated application: https://github.com/balderdashy/sails/t
40+ Beautifully Flat Web Designs for Your Inspiration
Flat web design has been a huge topic in the web, even Apple is adopting flat web design style and you need to make sure you upgrade your si
Detaining my partner: a failed attempt at intimidation
The detention of my partner, David Miranda, by UK authorities will have the opposite effect of the one intended
NFC Keyboard for Android by Elecom - &dollar;40
NFC Android Wireless Keyboard. The world's first NFC keyboard for Android devices. Foldable keyboard weighs just 5 ounces Pairs wirelessly w
On The Verge: NASA JPL and 'Terms and Conditions' director Cullen Hoback
Robots! Virtual Reality! A "human-robot partnership" that'll put a billion people in space! Senior reporter TC Sottek went to Pasadena, CA f
Will PC sales ever pick up? Lenovo presides over industry's longest slump
The PC industry has been unwell for a long time. But the true extent of its decline from the go-go 1990s and early 2000s has scarcely seemed
WSJ: Moto X will be available on all major US carriers, backed by $500M ...
The upcoming Moto X smartphone represents something of a rebirth for Motorola, and Google is reportedly willing to spend top dollar to get t
Updated Google Maps for Android appears in Play store with fresh design
A major update for Google Maps for Android has appeared in the Google Play store, although it doesn't appear to be rolling out to devices ju
T-Mobile announces Jump: two phone upgrades per year for $10 monthly
T-Mobile's event is about to kick off, but the company has just officially spilled the details on what it'll be announcing. As we heard earl
Patrick Stewart Gives Passionate Response to Question At Comicpalooza 2013
This was my question to Sir Patrick Stewart at Comicpalooza 2013. I wanted to thank Patrick Stewart for his speech at Amnesty International