I've started a small mailing list to discuss this sort of stuff. Effective measurement, profiling, and development techniques to ensure a fast and performant experience for users of our sites and apps. Rendering perf, input latency, reflows, paint storms, hitting 60fps.
I hope to build this list to be a community of the folks very invested performance and we can use it as a channel for seeking guidance with sticky performance issues. Web developers and browser experts working together. :)
The group will start small and will grow as we ensure it's effective for everyone involved. Temporarily, it'll be semi-private, but we will make it public soon. If you'd like to be added, please sign up here: https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/forum/#!forum/rail-discuss
Today’s a big day for design here at Google—along with the new google.com/design, we’ve got a lot more tools and content to share.
For starters, we’re updating the material design guidelines today (google.com/design/spec), with a focus on guidance for larger screens. We heard loud and clear from designers across the community that the guidelines for tablet and desktop sizes left a lot of open questions, so we’re providing additional recommendations for these sizes with this update. But that’s not all—the list of updates includes:
• Adaptive UI: a new section on layout and navigation for large screens.
• Navigation: a new section with suggestions for different levels of navigation.
• FAB expansion: additional examples of FAB expansion animations.
• Launch screens: a new section on displaying app branding and placeholder content when launching an app.
• Empty states: a new section on treatment for empty collections and other empty states.
For the full breakdown of what’s been added and updated, check out the What’s New section in the spec:
- Buzzshift, LLC.Manager, Web Development, 2014 - presentCreating websites and web applications for clients and the company.
- Buzzshift, LLC.Web Application Developer, 2013 - 2014
- Buzzshift, LLC.UX Developer Intern, 2013 - 2013
- The University of Texas at Dallas Arts and TechnologyWeb Designer/Developer, 2012 - 2013I developed WordPress and custom PHP sites for the Leonardo Initiatives at The University of Texas at Dallas.
- The University of Texas at Dallas Office of AdministrationWeb Design Intern, 2011 - 2012Developing the custom PHP website for the Office of Administration, as well as making web tools that were needed by the office.
- University of Texas at DallasEmerging Media and Communications, 2010 - 2013
Where is config/application.js in Sails 0.9x? - Google Groups
MHK, 7/21/13 8:19 AM. Can't find config/application.js file in the boiletplate/generated application: https://github.com/balderdashy/sails/t
40+ Beautifully Flat Web Designs for Your Inspiration
Flat web design has been a huge topic in the web, even Apple is adopting flat web design style and you need to make sure you upgrade your si
Detaining my partner: a failed attempt at intimidation
The detention of my partner, David Miranda, by UK authorities will have the opposite effect of the one intended
NFC Keyboard for Android by Elecom - &dollar;40
NFC Android Wireless Keyboard. The world's first NFC keyboard for Android devices. Foldable keyboard weighs just 5 ounces Pairs wirelessly w
On The Verge: NASA JPL and 'Terms and Conditions' director Cullen Hoback
Robots! Virtual Reality! A "human-robot partnership" that'll put a billion people in space! Senior reporter TC Sottek went to Pasadena, CA f
Will PC sales ever pick up? Lenovo presides over industry's longest slump
The PC industry has been unwell for a long time. But the true extent of its decline from the go-go 1990s and early 2000s has scarcely seemed
WSJ: Moto X will be available on all major US carriers, backed by $500M ...
The upcoming Moto X smartphone represents something of a rebirth for Motorola, and Google is reportedly willing to spend top dollar to get t
Updated Google Maps for Android appears in Play store with fresh design
A major update for Google Maps for Android has appeared in the Google Play store, although it doesn't appear to be rolling out to devices ju
T-Mobile announces Jump: two phone upgrades per year for $10 monthly
T-Mobile's event is about to kick off, but the company has just officially spilled the details on what it'll be announcing. As we heard earl
Patrick Stewart Gives Passionate Response to Question At Comicpalooza 2013
This was my question to Sir Patrick Stewart at Comicpalooza 2013. I wanted to thank Patrick Stewart for his speech at Amnesty International