Safeway, America’s second largest supermarket chain, has announced it will no longer sell what the meat industry calls “lean finely textured beef” and the public has come to call “pink slime."
153 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 96 previous comments
- BOW...........Mar 21, 2012
- Buster says, "I better not find pink slime in my food."Mar 22, 2012
- Thank goodness for Veganism.Mar 22, 2012
- Hasn't ground beef always been describable as "pink slime"?Mar 22, 2012
- CALLED THE KING KULLEN GROCERY STORE HEADQUARTERS TO FIND OUT IF THEY USE THIS PRODUCT TODAY, STILL AWAITING A CALL FROM THERE REPRESENTATIVE. THEY ARE NOT IN TODAY. I WILL POST MORE INFO WHEN I GET CONFORMATION, IF THEY DO OR DO NOT USE IT IN THERE MEAT.Mar 22, 2012
- Called GFF in Moore, OK and Crest Foods (who are all over OKC) and neither one of them use any fillers of any sort in their hamburger. GFF even grinds all theirs on-site.
If you have an IGA affiliate store in your area, I bet they don't use it either.Mar 22, 2012