Chances are, you’ll be making multiple trips to your storage facility this holiday season. To save time, it’s important to keep it clean and organized so you can spend more time with your family and less time sorting through boxes and bed frames. Here are some reasons you may want to reorganize your self-storage unit this holiday season.
Holiday decorations You’ll find it much easier to retrieve and restore your holiday decorations if you keep your space clean. It’s likely been a year since you’ve accessed your holiday decor and if your storage unit isn’t clean, it probably means these items have found their way to the bottom of the pile. Decorating is hard enough, don’t waste your time digging for decor.
Create space for household items If you plan on being festive this holiday season, you’ll likely need to make room in your home for family and friends. Declutter your home this holiday season to create space. An organized home helps to reduce stress and clear the mind, just what many of us need before the family arrives for dinner.
Make room for your favorite toys It may be time to store your RV or boat. If your storage unit is cluttered, you’ll likely waste a lot of time trying to make room for these larger items. If you’ve acquired lots of things over the past year, it may be time to upgrade to a larger unit or rent a separate unit altogether.
Can you think of any other reasons to declutter your self storage unit this holiday season? Let us know in the comments below!
Now that it’s heating up you are going to want easy access to all your gear for the summer such as: boats, fishing poles, swimming gear, inner tubes and more, which means you’re going to need more room in your home or garage. Your #storageunit is a great place to store gear you won’t use during the summer months to create extra space and declutter your home.
To get started, create a list of things you won’t use and start organizing them into one place where they can be easily packed and brought to your storage unit. Having a hard time coming up with items? Here’s a list of common items to get you started.
-Winter Gear or Clothing
-Snowboards or Skis
What kind of winter gear will you be putting into storage? Let us know by commenting below!
As the season changes to warmer weather you will need to start the annual rotation of your gardening tools, outdoor gear and other equipment from your storage unit.
Spring is the perfect time to remove the extra stuff from your garage that you may not need in the summer months to come, which provides more space for the things that you do need.
Spring is also the perfect time to remove your patio furniture and the family BBQ from storage so you are prepared for backyard grilling and other fun summer activities.
What items are you excited to pull out of storage to use this summer?
One of the best ways to make your storage experience convenient and enjoyable is to plan ahead when packing your storage space.
Here are few helpful tips to consider.
1. Keep a detailed list of all items - You should know exactly which items are going to be stored and keep a list so that you can refer to it whenever you need something.
2. Consider using protective covering - Depending on the climate you may want to lay down moisture absorbers, a tarp, or other protective fabrics both on the floor and around valuable items.
3. Make sure you you can access items out of reach - Keep a fold-up step ladder in your storage unit so that you can easily and safely reach items that may otherwise be too high.
4. Know which items you’ll need the most often. - Understanding which items you will use most often allows you to plan ahead and pack those things near the entrance of your storage unit for easy access.
5. Create an aisle of space to access everything. - Pack things along the walls and leave the middle open or simply leave an aisle of space so that nothing will be out of reach.
What storage tips do you have for organizing and optimizing your space? Let us know in the comments below!
For your convenience our 24 rental/payment kiosk is available, even on holidays!
At A-1 Self Storage in Torrance, CA we are dedicated to providing you with the best in self storage. We offer month to month rentals in a clean, secure environment. Our state-of-the-art facility features our 24-hour rental/payment kiosk, convenient online bill payment, and 24-hour surveillance cameras. Our professional management staff will be glad to assist you -- we are here to help! Whether you are moving into a new home, expanding your business, going away to college, or even making space in your garage, we are here to help you along the way.
Self Storage Torrance Features
- 24 Hr Rental/Payment Kiosk
- Se Habla Español
- 24-Hour Surveillance Cameras
- Longest Access Hours in the Area
- Car Storage