- Appsix MobileManaging Partner / Chief Operating Officer, 2014 - presentResponsible for the day to day operations and the management of the overall business.
- Startup WeekendOrganizer & Facilitator, 2011 - presentStartup Weekend is a global network of passionate leaders and entrepreneurs on a mission to inspire, educate, and empower individuals, teams and communities. My mission is to organize events in Kosovo and be the voice of Startup Weekend to the local community, and also facilitate events in Eastern Europe to amplify the impact of an educational movement of inspiring entrepreneurs to action.
- Athene ProsjektledelseProject Manager, 2013 - 2014Plan, execute and finalize project according to strict deadlines and within budgets. Acquire resources and coordinate efforts of team members and third-party consultants to deliver projects according to plan. I'm involved with projects in Kosovo, Albania, etc. We are involved in small scale and larger projects, both nationally and internationally. We work within the fields development of innovation centres, communication, tourism, design, strategic development and regional– and business development. We staff your project with our broad expertise, experience and networks. Athene Project Management’s dedicated project managers see your challenges as new opportunities. Eco-Lighthouse Certified. Athene Project Management aims to be a resource and environmentally efficient business. A stimulating, creative facilitator and partner for an environmentally friendly industry.
- Innovation Centre KosovoTraining & Events Manager, 2011 - 2013- Plan, manage and execute project development from beginning to end, according to strict deadlines and within budget at Innovation Centre Kosovo. Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals. - Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools. Track project milestones and deliverable. - Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations - Event Manager: plan, organize, coordinate, promote and facilitate events and special events, including Startup Weekend in Prishtina. Produce events from conception through completion, including: fairs, conferences, product launches, social events, etc. Research market for identifying opportunities for events, produce detailed proposals for events, coordinate venue management, catering, contractors, schedule and maintain communication with speakers, vendors and participants, event promotion and post-evaluation of events. - Training Manager: plan, organize, and direct a wide range of training activities. Maintain constant contact with the market, to further develop and create training programs based market needs. Provide support to Department Managers to offer solutions based on potential areas of training. Coordinate efforts to ensure full utilization of all site training facilities, processes, resources and equipment. Manage, lead, motivate and develop Training team members. Continuously seek and support new approaches, practices and processes to improve the efficiency of training services offered. - Provide foreign companies with information about business conditions and ICT business opportunities in Kosovo and perform any necessary follow up.. - Implement the company’s Social Media Strategy, develop brand awareness, generating inbound traffic and encouraging product adoption.
- Athene Prosjektledelse ASProject Manager, 2011 - 2012- Execute, managed and monitor the project implementation of the Innovation Centre Kosovo project, according to strict deadlines, resources and milestones. Track project milestones and ensure project success. - Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations. - Ensure safe transition from project phase, to implementation and operations establishment of the Centre. - Provide to the project an overview and understanding of the current situation in the ICT sector in Kosovo, assessing the trends, market potentials and role of different players from the public and private sector.
- CIO AlbanianEditor in Chief, 2010 - 2011- In charge of leading the news team covering topics the magazine and online - Making interviews with relevant IT related people - Writting reviews for tech products, - Writting articles for international market trends, - Reviewing translations - Serving as first point of contact via email and in person
- InfopressEditor/Journalist, 2006 - 2010- In charge of the supplement for technology, auto and science news. - I wrote and edited articles,related to the supplement - Worked closely with the designers for offering unique pages in front of the readers - Managed translations - Introduced new ideas to the board of editors.
- Tech UpdateEditor/Anchor, 2010 - 2010Served as editor and anchor for the weekly TV show about latest technology news, broadcasted by PCWorld Albanian on Klan Kosova, a local TV channel. - I kept track of the latest IT industry trends in Kosovo and Albania, - Gathered the necessary resources for delivering quality stories, - Interviewed IT representatives of the market, - Reviewed games, - Presented detailed reviews of technology products - Reported about local events.
- PC World AlbanianEditor in Chief, 2008 - 2010- In charge of leading the news team covering topics the magazine and online - Making interviews with relevant IT related people - Writting reviews for tech products, - Writting articles for international market trends, - Reviewing translations - Serving as first point of contact via email and in person
Çelik is a passionate entrepreneur and community developer, being directly involved with start-ups and entrepreneurs in the Balkan Region for many years, and helping shape the start-up scene of Kosovo. He joined Appsix as Managing Partner and Advisor in beginning 2014, growing the company together with the co-founders towards proﬁtability and new partnerships. He recently stepped into the Chief Operation Officer Role, where he is responsible for the day to day operations and management of the overall business.
Çelik is also the founder of Digjitale, a leading source for startups and entrepreneurs in Western Balkans since 2012. He was involved for more than 3 years with the Norwegian based company Athene Kosovo L.L.C, responsible for projects in Kosovo and the Balkans, as well as co-responsible for the further development of the company branch in Kosovo. Çelik was one the key persons behind the establishment of the ﬁrst business incubator in Kosovo, Innovation Centre Kosovo, working directly with startups, entrepreneurs and professionals.
Çelik holds a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from the University of Prishtina and is Masters Candidate in Business Management. He is an experienced manager with a strong entrepreneurial and marketing background in the Digital Industry and since 2011 he supports the creation of new companies across Eastern Europe, while serving as a Startup Weekend Facilitator and Organizer.
Kosovo employees work on the construction of a stadium in the town of Mi...
Kosovo employees work on the construction of a stadium in the town of Mitrovica on February 13, 2014 in preparation for the Kosovo's first I